Found something....

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
Windupdolluver
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Android

Found something....

Post by Windupdolluver » Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:52 pm

Hey Gang!

I found that elusive DVD of Loni Anderson as 'Sereena the Robot' from a Bob Hope Christmas special, but I had a question for anyone who has the answer. Didn't she perform another skit on another show as a robot or as the 'Loni Anderson' doll? Anyone know?

Keizo

Post by Keizo » Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:45 pm

You have that! Ohhh to have a means to see it! What is the title of the specific DVD? I don't recall her playing that role other than that one magical moment long ago, but I certainly hope there is more :D

Baron

Re: Found something....

Post by Baron » Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:53 pm

Windupdolluver wrote:Hey Gang!

I found that elusive DVD of Loni Anderson as 'Sereena the Robot' from a Bob Hope Christmas special, but I had a question for anyone who has the answer. Didn't she perform another skit on another show as a robot or as the 'Loni Anderson' doll? Anyone know?
I vaguely remember seeing her "doll" skit, on some awards show (Oscar, Grammy, or some such) - in either '81, or '82 . And I think that it was also with Bob Hope, too!! (Maybe a Comedy Awards special?)
Assemble the ladies? I didn't know that they were broken......

Windupdolluver

Post by Windupdolluver » Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:05 pm

Hey Keizo!
The video is called "The Ultimate Bob Hope Collection", and consist of three videos. One celebrrates his 50 years of comedy, the second (which contains Loni's skit) is called Hope for Christmas, and last one is just bloopers.

~?

Question

Post by ~? » Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:13 pm

Could anyone who's seen this describe what happens in it? I heard about this years ago and was told it wasn't very good; no specifics just that Loni didn't act very robotic. I know personal taste is a big part of whether someone finds a clip worthwhile, so maybe the bloke who told me about it was looking for it to be something else.
So I guess I'm asking if she was activated/de-activated, ran down or malfunctioned and moved & spoke in a robotic manner. Oh, and how is she dressed?

Windupdolluver

Post by Windupdolluver » Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:27 am

Hey ~?,

Here it is in a nut shell. Bob uncovers a huge box with a Loni standing inside of it frozen with her eyes open, he says a couple of good onee liners about her and then she speaks. There is no real start up sequence (like a start button or remote control), but she tries to talk very robotic. Best line in the skit is when Bob is surprised that she can speak, and she replies,"Of course! I am a robot, I have a set of speakers." And you can guess what kind of line Bob would say with Loni standing there. Oh! as for waht she was wearing; A form fitting red dress. Does that help?

~?

oh

Post by ~? » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:27 pm

Windupdolluver wrote:Hey ~?,

Here it is in a nut shell. Bob uncovers a huge box with a Loni standing inside of it frozen with her eyes open, he says a couple of good onee liners about her and then she speaks. There is no real start up sequence (like a start button or remote control), but she tries to talk very robotic. Best line in the skit is when Bob is surprised that she can speak, and she replies,"Of course! I am a robot, I have a set of speakers." And you can guess what kind of line Bob would say with Loni standing there. Oh! as for waht she was wearing; A form fitting red dress. Does that help?
Yes, thanks very much. One last thing, I take it from your description that she remains in the box the whole time and doesn't move. If she does move around, is it robotic?

Windupdolluver

Post by Windupdolluver » Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:41 am

Hey ~?,

She does walk out of the box and moves around in the scene, but I would not say that it was very robotic, but I do remeber her (as I said in my first post) in this other skit on another show where she acted MUCH MORE ROBOTIC!, and even had a small malfucntioning scene at the end of the skit. I was hoping if someone remebered this skit as well. I believe the show was on NBC during the 80's and the height of Loni's personality, and think it was called "The Big Show", but again I'm not sure.

anandroid

Post by anandroid » Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:03 pm

That would probably be the premiere episode of "The Big Show." For years now, I had a vision stuck in my head of Loni Anderson in a sketch with Steve Allen in which she played a robot, but I couldn't remember the name of the show (though I remembered that it was on NBC in 1980). Steve Allen hosted several episodes of "The Big Show," including the premiere, which is the episode in which Loni Anderson also appeared.

As I recall, one of them made a speech about her capabilities and how she would obey any order, then he ordered her to do something and she told him to go do it himself.

pukinfish

Post by pukinfish » Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:31 pm

gosh, i always thought loni anderson WAS a robot, lol

Windupdolluver

Post by Windupdolluver » Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:19 am

YES! A top of the line model as well.