McLane's arts

Found an interesting gallery online or added some new images to FembotWiki? Post photo-manipulations, artwork, or other visual media here.
McLane
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

McLane's arts

Post by McLane » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:34 pm

Hi !

I've just uploaded the last 5 "my best drawings" here :
http://www.fembotwiki.com/index.php?tit ... d_drawings

They've been made 10 to 8 years from now and I almost totally forgot their existence :(
Actually, its the Microsoft Surface pro, and particularly its pen, that made me think about redrawing again, and remembered me that I could "scan" my old drawings...
... too bad I don't know it's release date in my country yet :(

--NightBattery--

Re: McLane's arts

Post by --NightBattery-- » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:12 pm

you can get a wacom tablet too :idea:
it'll become second nature in days!, you can do it in paper, you can do it in a piece of plastic with a string pluged to a computer.
even simple models are great* just got me a cheap* one myself. :bighug:
it works fine with "Drawing programs, that are not totally for that" like photoshop and fireworks, and corel draw and ...umm.. manga studio, in fact, with spare time, you can do it using a mouse, like if i need to tell you, you have already made a lot of manips.
im just saying...they are nice after all.
indulge us one day with a new one.

Regards.

*additional RAM might be required

McLane

Post by McLane » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:43 am

Actually, I tried a Wacom for a while but I didn't manage to get used to... I don't like drawing with a pen and looking the result anywhere else then under the pen ;)
...And I don't really like drawing with mouse neither :(

Other program that seems nice, is Autodesk's Autosketch, which even have a free version (called "Express") on some devices. Maybe you'll find it at your taste, Battery :) Btw, I'm still hoping to see more from you on the wiki ;)

gynoneko
Identification: Cyborg

Post by gynoneko » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:35 pm

It actually does take extra getting used to using a pen without looking at the surface you are drawing on, but you can indeed get used to it if you give it the time. One advantage to the Wacom tablet is that you can place a drawing on top (or sometimes under a protective plastic sheet), and trace over it. I actually don't recommend this, but I have known people to do it. The only other option would be to either use one of those fancy pressure-sensitive styluses on a tablet PC (iPad) or spend THOUSANDS of dollars on a Cintique monitor. It is made by Wacom, and works exactly like the tablet, except it is also your monitor and you draw directly onto it. They work very well, and I guarantee you will very quickly adapt to using it. But it is not cheap.
Other than that, I would suggest getting a flatbed scanner (vs a camera or camera phone), and importing your artwork into Photoshop or Illustrator. There are lots of other programs you can use, and for most people, Photoshop Elements is enough. I do work in digital art myself and I am familiar with the tools and techniques. If you wanted any tips or just to chat about it, feel free to send me a PM.
My heart and soul locked up in a cold steel frame
- Brian May

McLane

Post by McLane » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:33 pm

Surface pro whose I've talked about is more or less a Cintiq in a tablet form :) That's why I wait for it ;)

Chen
Identification: Android

Post by Chen » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:40 am

Wow, you have good skill in drawing. Would you like to try to make a story with your works? My suggestion :wink:
Request Japanese translations of my works. Please help me :D

McLane

Post by McLane » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:29 am

Thank you, Chen !
Unfortunately, as I didn't draw anything since then, I don't know if I've kept my skill... When (and if) I'll get back to it, I don't know how much time I'll take to be confident enough to make a story... But I'll eventually try, I hope ;)