FembotWiki - Spaz Administration

If you own an ASFR related site let your fans know about your updates by posting a detailed description of your changes or new additions.
Spaz
Fembot Central Staff
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

FembotWiki - Spaz Administration

Post by Spaz » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:39 pm

I just want to start this new thread off by thanking Robotman for creating Fembotwiki almost 12 years ago and vigilantly maintaining it all this time.

While Fembotwiki is still in the process of being transferred at this time, I want to assure you all that, going into my administration of it, things will be mostly the same. Most notably, Fembot Central's, and Fembot Lab's underage rule will still apply. You can also still expect to see the same selection of awesome artworks, screencaps, and stories.

What will be changing is:
*Manbots & shemales will now be permitted
**They will be in their own separate gallery, and tagged.
*Holograms will now be permitted
**In my opinion, holograms are merely non-corporeal robots, since they can be programmed/reprogrammed, paused, etc.
*More frequent updates and upgrades
*More extensions, including page views, and batch uploading
*Deprecated files, such as older VHS quality images when superior quality images exists, will be pruned from the wiki.
**If for whatever reason you prefer the older quality to the new, then please archive them now, as I will be pruning them starting on October 1, 2019.

Some things that were previously discontinued will be returning, though in a slightly different format:
*Story Snippets will be reincarnated as Author of the Month, and will highlight a single author for an entire month, with a small story snippet of one of their stories each week that month.

We will be creating a dedicated page for author and artists to post their Commisions ads, so there is always an easy and convenient place to find them. I am also planning on maybe featuring a single artist each month as well, but further down the road.

Please stay tuned on this thread for more information!
Last edited by Spaz on Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Check out my stories: https://www.fembotwiki.com/index.php?title=User:Spaz

Current story status: The Small Business Chronicles: Season Two | The Doctor is in - The Clinic (In progress...)

tdlsn

Re: FembotWiki - Spaz Administration

Post by tdlsn » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:11 pm

What will be changing is:
*Manbots will now be permitted
Would appreciate if at the very least there would be a dedicated page/section so that fans visiting FembotWiki for all things FEMBOT related can avoid.

Blox_242
Fembot Central Staff
Technosexuality: Built

Post by Blox_242 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:33 pm

I believe there is a way to tag images/pages into their own namespaces to separate content between fem/man/holo.

Also. Sites back up.

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff

Post by Spaz » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:19 pm

I would be creating a different section of the gallery just for Manbots, so don't worry.

Current story status: The Small Business Chronicles: Season Two | The Doctor is in - The Clinic (In progress...)

zerodin

Post by zerodin » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:27 pm

Sounds like you've got this.

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff

Post by Spaz » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:35 pm

Also, be advised, although the wiki transfer has been successful, we are now working on upgrading the wiki itself. The MediaWiki version is currently 1.26.2, but we are upgrading it to 1.33. Already, the PHP version has been upgraded from 5.7.x to 7.3.9, which should alone improve things a tad.

For those, like myself, that are not very technically minded, here is what the PHP upgrade will do: (Thanks to evil_boo for translating the technical language to lay terms)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Updates to PHP:
Updates to the latest version of PHP will allow for drastic improvements on server side handling of webpages. The major advantage in upgrading to the latest release of PHP will be an improvement in the speed that webpage code is preprocessed on the server before being published to a website, resulting in faster load times, more stability, and a better overall user experience.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From what I've read, the upgrade from 5.7.x to 7.3.x should result in speeds of 200-300% faster.

Due to the impending upgrade, and addition of extensions, we are leaving uploads disabled for the time being. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff

Post by Spaz » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:27 pm

Tomorrow, Blox should be ready to initiate the wiki upgrade. Just to give you all an idea of what to expect, here's a changelog compiled by evil_boo to let you know what will be gaining, and losing, from the upcoming MediaWiki 1.33 upgrade:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Version of FembotWiki - 1.26.2

Major improvements in 1.27:
Removed old methods of handling passwords. This allowed for more secure password fields.

Major Improvements in 1.28
Added Slideshow mode for media galleries.
Removed Feature: Magic links are no longer enabled by default, they will need to be manually enabled by admin command.
Ability to track the difference between a normal user and a Bot-user.

Major Improvements in 1.29
Added the ability to block anonymous editing from a given IP address range.
Users can temporarily be assigned to a group

Major Improvements in 1.30
Added support for PHP 5.6
Added the ability to search contributions by IP range.
Added Pig-Latin language
Removed Feature: Several admin commands related to managing IP address ranges and page headers were deprecated and replaced.
Removed Feature: The .mw-ui-constructive CSS class was deprecated and removed. This changes the background colour of certain buttons from green to blue.

Major Improvements in 1.31
Added pre-bundled Wiki Extensions. Many of which improve CSS and Javascript work on the wiki, two-factor authentication for wiki accounts making them more secure, and extensions to allow for easier site-wide administration tasks.
Added the Timeless Skin extension which allows for mobile and desktop viewing as well as day and night modes.
Replaced old HTML 4 libraries with modern HTML 5 libraries for more support.
Removed Feature: PHP 7 required
Removed Feature: Opera 12 and older are no longer supported browsers.

Major Improvements in 1.32
Added more security for Bots that are linked to the wiki.
Added more language support.

Major Improvements in 1.33
Added support for blocking certain IP addresses and Accounts from editing pages.
Additional language support

Kube²

Post by Kube² » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:19 am

Impressing list of change !

Except i have to admit I would not be very happy to see manbot appearing in the "gallery of new files" section, I'm really not a big fan of that.

PS : Since the wiki is off, I notice all the artwork I uplaod the 7 last days are gone, all modification to my personnal gallery that has less than 7 days diseapper too ! The rest seems to be ok, somebody know the reason, is it going to come back ? or do I need to reuplaod all the broken links (30 to 40...)

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff

Post by Spaz » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:41 am

They will be restored by Blox when he restores the wiki from his own backup following the upgrade.

Kube²

Post by Kube² » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:21 am

thanks !

Lithorien
Technosexuality: None of your business

Post by Lithorien » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:46 pm

Kube² wrote:Except i have to admit I would not be very happy to see manbot appearing in the "gallery of new files" section, I'm really not a big fan of that.
Seconded, but it's a free service (for us), so it's hard to complain. Seems like there's fewer and fewer places to go anymore without that sort of crossover. Then again, there's no ManbotCentral, so where would they go?

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff

Post by Spaz » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:49 pm

Exactly...plus, we have a member here, deesims, who prefers manbots, but they've been kind enough to post the occasional fembot find during their searches, so we're all part of the same ASFR community, with the r standing for Robots.

Blox_242
Fembot Central Staff

Post by Blox_242 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:00 pm

Alright, going to kick off the upgrade here shortly, site could be down for up to an hour or so as the upgrade script makes a bunch of changes in the database of everything.

Edit: All done.

FacelessFembot

Post by FacelessFembot » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:25 pm

I noticed the upgrades also allow a number of the GIF thumbnails (such as those I've posted over the years) to actually appear, though some of them look pretty weird until you actually look at the full size.

FacelessFembot

Post by FacelessFembot » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:28 pm

Just thinking of it now, wondering if it has been discussed before: when checking the gallery of new files, would it be possible to do some sort of filter to differentiate between fembots and everything else?

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff

Post by Spaz » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:43 pm

Alright, so Blox has finally upgraded MediaWiki to 1.33, over 1.26.2 that it had been using. Aside from the new features from just that mentioned in a previous post, we have also installed the following extensions:
  • *Multi-Upload
    **Finally!!!! Image
    *Dark Mode (It's a toggle at the top of each page, should come in handy for night owls.)
    *Page Views
    *Replace Text

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff

Post by Spaz » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:44 pm

Well today Blox was able to install some more extensions!

*MediaViewer
**To activate, click the beta link in the top right corner and activate it. Once activated, once you click on one image in a gallery, it will basically turn it into a slideshow, so you can move from image to image without having to back out.
***This will come in real handy for those of you posting/viewing comics.

*WikiEditor
**For those of us like myself who are not good at coding or HTML, this adds some more Microsoft Office-like editing tools in the editing window, such as: tables, increase/decrease font size, and bulleted lists.

He will attempt a few more in the coming days. Stay tuned!

Blox_242
Fembot Central Staff

Post by Blox_242 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:29 am

Just a note, MediaViewer can only Be enabled for logged in users, if it works out well I'll enabled it by default for everyone and anonymous users too

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff

Post by Spaz » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:17 pm

Just an FYI, if you are seeing multiple edits on the Recent Pages that show content being removed from pages, don't worry. I'm going through the wiki and replacing garbage code from the pages, such as the obsolete <flash> tags, and other code rendered unnecessary after the various HTML5, PHP, and MediaWiki upgrades that have occurred over the years.

I may have accidentally broken images on some pages, but am diligently working on rectifying the error. But, fret not, if you visit one of your pages and see images aren't appearing, all you have to do is go the page history and copy/paste the most recent correct version over the current version.

Going forward, as an FYI, if you are posting images onto a gallery page, as long as the images are contained within these two tags <gallery> </gallery> then you do not need to add File: or Image: to the beginning of the file name. You only need to add the filename. (Example: filename 1.jpg, not Image:filename 1.jpg)

If you are posting an image on a page that is not within the gallery tags, then you will need to add the File: or Image:

Thank you!

Kube²

Post by Kube² » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:29 pm

I test the batch mode, I would like the possibility to not use it. at first it seems awsome, then it ask you to fill the description, then the release date and other useless stuff, the process is too messy, is it possible to make it faster ? why should I write a description ? we all know what is a fembot manip !?!, i won't describe 200 time the same thing....

EDIT :indeed things are far worse than what I was thinking the batch mode "autoname" on the basis of your first file, ignoring all naming and classification work you ve done before uplaoding. This is just not possible for me, please could you remove those 10 manips ;

GEN 5 Valerie Idle (1).jpg
GEN 5 Valerie Idle (2).jpg
GEN 5 Valerie Idle (3).jpg
GEN 5 Valerie Idle (4).jpg
GEN 5 Valerie Idle (5).jpg
GEN 5 Valerie Idle (6).jpg
GEN 5 Valerie Idle (7).jpg
GEN 5 Valerie Idle (8).jpg
GEN 5 Valerie Idle (9).jpg
GEN 5 Valerie Idle (10).jpg

thx in advance
Last edited by Kube² on Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff

Post by Spaz » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:38 pm

I had the same complaint, and Blox is currently working on possibly removing that step. However, if you look carefully at the bottom of the first image in your list, it gives you the option of simply copying the same description and date from the first image onto all other images. Just remember to check/uncheck the boxes properly, otherwise it will rename each file sequentially from the first image.

Kube²

Post by Kube² » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:43 pm

Spaz wrote:I had the same complaint, and Blox is currently working on possibly removing that step. However, if you look carefully at the bottom of the first image in your list, it gives you the option of simply copying the same description and date from the first image onto all other images. Just remember to check/uncheck the boxes properly, otherwise it will rename each file sequentially from the first image.
yes I see that see my last message

EDIT :indeed things are far worse than what I was thinking the batch mode "autoname" on the basis of your first file, ignoring all naming and classification work you ve done before uplaoding. This is just not possible for me, please could you remove those 10 manips ;

GEN 5 Valerie Idle (1).jpg
GEN 5 Valerie Idle (2).jpg
GEN 5 Valerie Idle (3).jpg
GEN 5 Valerie Idle (4).jpg
GEN 5 Valerie Idle (5).jpg
GEN 5 Valerie Idle (6).jpg
GEN 5 Valerie Idle (7).jpg
GEN 5 Valerie Idle (8).jpg
GEN 5 Valerie Idle (9).jpg
GEN 5 Valerie Idle (10).jpg

by the way just remove the 10 last pics I will repost them properly
thx in advance

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff

Post by Spaz » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:45 pm

No problem! I myself had to delete more than 120 images last night before I got the hang of it, so I'm glad to help! It has been done.

Kube²

Post by Kube² » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:04 pm

ok, I corrected most of the errors and reuplaod everything, I know you are working hard but yet the wiki is far from ideal, there is still work to do

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff

Post by Spaz » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:07 pm

Yeah, we are still working on fixing all the bugs and improving the wiki further. Please be patient.