The Ideal Electronic Collar prop

Share and collect your fembot video and art ideas with our artists and video producing members.
dale coba
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Human

The Ideal Electronic Collar prop

Post by dale coba » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:40 am

Alas, my searches seem to reveal that there are no collars for sale that have a remote-controlled light. This remote feature isn't of much use in play, but I think video producers could do some nice work with such a prop.

So, I'm considering what it would take to create a remote-controlled, electronic collar. I found one good candidate for the light with remote.

Image http://glowproducts.com/products/HDLPSUBR
Waterproof LED Light with Remote Control. Each LED Decorative Light comes with 13 selectable color modes and 3 light settings including steady light on, slow rainbow transition and fast color change modes. .... Control the many lighting effects by remote control so you can place these fun and bright LED Lights anywhere and still have control over the various color and light modes! Remote Controlled LED Decorative Lights are a must have for ... any type of event that requires a controllable battery operated light source.

Dimensions: Width: 2.5" (6.3 cm) Height: 1" (2.5 cm)
Batteries: 3xAAA (Not Included
Now I'm searching for a suitable collar in which to mount the light. Leather makes a matching declaration of control and permanence. I think it needs to be maybe two inches or more tall, so the light can sit nicely within the center. The collar could be free of other ornamentation, or have a number of metal studs that don't overwhelm the light's effect. I'm handy enough with hacking together the materials, possibly removing some pre-existing, mounted stud or ring, or punching a hole or hot-gluing the light in place (but so the battery case is accessible.

How would you design your version, using available materials on a limited budget?
What look would you like to see?

- Dale Coba
8) :!: :nerd: :idea: : :nerd: :shock: :lovestruck: [ :twisted: :dancing: :oops: :wink: :twisted: ] = [ :drooling: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :party:... ... :applause: :D :lovestruck: :notworthy: :rockon: ]

dale coba

Re: The Ideal Electronic Collar prop

Post by dale coba » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:57 am

Vegan faux leather, $20 bucks in an Etsy shop.
One inch in height, but I suppose they could still work, aesthetically.

The other company sells the lights in packs of four, and I imagine it could have a nice impact on the ASFR video genre, if I sprung for the costs, assembled them, and shipped them out to our four most talented producer/performers. Possibly, the Etsy folks would do the assembly if I shipped them the lights. Then they could ship the collars out directly.

I'll need a guess as to neck circumference.
From the way they tie in the back, it looks like they could be tied to suit.
The custom fit isn't as necessary, since it's not meant for one wearer exclusively.

- Dale Coba
8) :!: :nerd: :idea: : :nerd: :shock: :lovestruck: [ :twisted: :dancing: :oops: :wink: :twisted: ] = [ :drooling: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :party:... ... :applause: :D :lovestruck: :notworthy: :rockon: ]

dale coba

Post by dale coba » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:25 pm

I ordered some of the LED + remotes.

I'm leaning towards attaching each one to this style "hologram choker", using velcro so that the LED unit can also be detached and mounted onto other collars, as the performers and producers desire.

With a looser knot in the back, the collar can accommodate a larger neck.
What is the circumference of the neck of a typical fembot actress?
I'll order a slightly smaller size.

- Dale Coba

N6688
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Android

Post by N6688 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:10 pm

First i would buy one of these: http://www.dhgate.com/product/bondage-m ... 04756.html and i would decorate it with a futuristic patern using el wire: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1M-D2-3m ... 08807.html
You can make awsome paterns with it.
Like this: http://www.adafruit.com/blog/wp-content ... corset.png
& this: http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/im ... rra_04.jpg
"Robot wives have needs, too"
Goku, Dragonball fighterZ 2017

dale coba

Post by dale coba » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:43 pm

M.S., as V.F. wrote:After having formed this determination and having spent some months in successfully collecting and arranging my materials, I began.
And now, my collars are complete.
I think they might even be, for our C4S-kinda purposes, cool.

I work slowly, but this week I will take pictures,
to send to my favorite performers,
to ask if they will accept my humble, home-made gift.

- Dale Coba

(now I'll look at what you wrote, N6688, because I already had this post in the works)

dale coba

Post by dale coba » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:09 pm

I started this thread wanting something remote controlled. Yours would be a nice prop, but I'm aiming for something on a more complex level.

I didn't want to jinx the project by talking about it before it was complete. Making/shipping the collar part took longer than necessary, but the extra time lead me to design an exciting feature that gives the lamp many different appearances.

Just now, I decided she's worthy of a name; so she doesn't have one yet. I hope she appears in several videos, but she's so versatile, she could go far and star in more than a few. She could inspire others to build the next generation of props (though I'm already considering ideas for my second project that would jump ahead of anyone else's copycat by a mile).

- Dale Coba

dale coba

Post by dale coba » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:48 pm

Behold, the instruments of control and conversion!

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and rejoice!

My offers of this gift are sent... I await the responses of my favorite fembots; and with luck, the versatile collar will soon star in several memorable productions.

- Dale Coba

Stephaniebot
Identification: Android

Post by Stephaniebot » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:43 am

It looks really good, though I'm not sure how much benefit you will get from converting the teddy bear lol
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

dale coba

Post by dale coba » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:31 pm

One of four has agreed to accept my gift, and her producer has declared he has several ideas he wants to try. The package is on its way, and should arrive mid-week.

I met my minimum threshold for success. If others accept, if the prop proves useful and popular, that would be glorious. Whatever happens, I actually executed a plan.

- Dale Coba

dale coba

What would you do with a fembot collar?

Post by dale coba » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:34 pm

By now, I've sent out two collars, and another has said she will email me an address.

Frank at Hypnolust got his today!
and he's asking for ideas.

Imagine the fembot collar works, and it's yours!

- How do you choose to use it?
- In what context, on whom, and where?
- How does it function?
- What happens? Does awesomeness result?

Calling all would-be Ladybots: I bet you have ideas I wouldn't have imagined.
- What's it like to wear the collar?

- Dale Coba

dale coba

Post by dale coba » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:49 pm

Frank has generously included the collar in a video in the latest Robolust clips4sale update. As he says, the light doesn't turn out to be bright enough for the studio lights - as I had always suspected might be the case. :oops: :roll: :P

Oh, well. I stumbled into the idea. The exercise worked out well enough for me to proceed with Prop #3. Vibrator motors may be controlled by a remote programmer. I have a mind to use two motors in a device, rising and falling in speed together as pleasure dictates, but steadily operating at a 4-8 Hz frequency difference. If she can perceive the beat, she can entrain her brainwave frequencies towards those lower creative and relaxed levels.

Instead of imitating the approach of binaural sound beats, isochronic beats may be appropriate for a touch sensation. These are designed to rise and fall very sharply, in a way which causes the mind to perceive those low frequency beats.

Vibrating in conjunction, one motor can provide the isochronic rhythms, while the other motor speeds and slows in a pleasing choreography.

Components are being shipped, for me to tinker with and learn from. The biggest puzzle is what to embed the vibration motors into. What shape or object would be best? The surface contact with skin would need to be maintained, with straps or a device worn snugly.

That's for later. Next is tinkering, smashing cheap vibrator eggs open, Arduino programming, and daydreaming about how to bring pleasure to performers and their fans.

- Dale Coba

darkbutflashy

Post by darkbutflashy » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:05 am

So something reflective is needed, eh? What about a good'ol HD44780 driven display on your next collar? You can use the user-defined chars to display big letters, like in this pic
Clearly visible and if you choose a display without backlight but with a mirror instead - easily available - the studio light will actually help making it readable.

dale coba

Post by dale coba » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:28 am

darkbutflashy wrote:So something reflective is needed, eh? What about a good'ol HD44780 driven display on your next collar? You can use the user-defined chars to display big letters, like in this pic
Clearly visible and if you choose a display without backlight but with a mirror instead - easily available - the studio light will actually help making it readable.
What you say is true; but I decided that territory belongs to Girls Gone Hypnotized. For some time, they have used a streaming red LED name tag, but they may have abandoned it for paper.

I want to leap ahead, give builders something to aspire to. Participation by fans, inspiration for producers. Custom electronics. New technologies like body scanning and 3D printing, for a well-fitted, remote-control, tactile experience suit. Electret materials - insane stuff, don't know what to do with it yet (but it's a cheap source of what-is-this-magic?).

I don't know what lies ahead, but I feel the name tag would be a step backwards - except for Westworld-park-like purposes. If there was an interest, we could design a resort badge with functionality - perhaps a microphone or speaker? or an accelerometer, so when she moves, a speaker makes servo whirring noises. Getting the non-tech right would be important, making a product that looks like something Disney would use. The Japanese might have a flashy model name tag to start from.

- Dale Coba

darkbutflashy

Post by darkbutflashy » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:21 pm

I meant a functional tag, displaying a mood, control status, charging etc.

dale coba

Post by dale coba » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:41 pm

This is how GGH used something similar - but stopped, in favor of paper.

From Perfect Wife 4269

Most likely, this tag wasn't update-able by remote. The characters took 5 by 4 pixels, and streamed by, streaking the eyes. Yours would not - but it looks small.

- Dale Coba

darkbutflashy

Post by darkbutflashy » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:00 pm

HD44780 displays are available in a wide range of char sizes and formats. Just google HD44780 and shop for it. Most are ~$10 per single piece. I think a 4x20 chars display with ~75x25mm display area - but without backlight, of course - would be most appropiate for this.

dale coba

Post by dale coba » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:52 pm

The green tone is very strong, and the color frequency of "green" screen tech can be adjusted.

Close-up, with a still shot, you could put any imagery in that [one inch by three inch] space.

The Arduino system is new to me, but I imagine one unit could drive the display and the vibrating motors.

I sawed apart a $5 silver egg vibrator. Such a simple device. The off-set weight on the motor axle could be replaced with a magnet or an electret (which holds a non-discharging electric charge, like a magnet but electric).

What sensations would be produced by spinning one of both of those materials near skin? I don't know, I'm in the market for as many "senses" as I can manipulate.

- Dale Coba

darkbutflashy

Post by darkbutflashy » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:11 pm

If you use one with a mirror instead of a backlight - the only way it works in studio light - the color will be blueish on silver.

NukuNookee

Post by NukuNookee » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:45 pm

How about e-ink or reflective LCDs? http://www.adafruit.com/category/150

e-ink wouldn't refresh as fast, but the contrast would be great. The reflective LCD would probably work even better... silver background, and the pixels show up like little mirrors.

A Raspberry pi could control these as well, giving you a wirelessly accessible computer, with low power draw yet plenty of resources. I'm tinkering around with a Banana Pro, kind of a super PI with dual core processor, 1gb of RAM, and built in wifi: http://www.amazon.com/Eleduino-Raspberr ... B00T2YIHGY

On the subject of senses, it should be possible to interface a peltier junction for cold/hot sensations.
Gynoid Conversion, how can we make you better today?
Latest version 38 beta here. Alternate site here.

NukuNookee

Post by NukuNookee » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:00 pm

This site has some things of interest: http://tinyonestore.com/

Specifically, this wearable microcontroller: http://tinyonestore.com/products/flora- ... compatible

They have a whole section on wearable electronics: http://tinyonestore.com/collections/wearable
Gynoid Conversion, how can we make you better today?
Latest version 38 beta here. Alternate site here.

dale coba

Post by dale coba » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:32 pm

NukuNookee wrote:How about e-ink or reflective LCDs? http://www.adafruit.com/category/150

e-ink wouldn't refresh as fast, but the contrast would be great. The reflective LCD would probably work even better... silver background, and the pixels show up like little mirrors.
How e-ink and the other methods will work in someone's studio is hard for me to anticipate. Lighting is the great error/weakness of my collars. If I were shooting, I'd try these displays - but for now I want to stick to sensations.
A Raspberry pi could control these as well, giving you a wirelessly accessible computer, with low power draw yet plenty of resources. I'm tinkering around with a Banana Pro, kind of a super PI with dual core processor, 1gb of RAM, and built in wifi: http://www.amazon.com/Eleduino-Raspberr ... B00T2YIHGY
I want all that power! but first I should master the simple vibrator programming kit w/Arduino which I have started.
On the subject of senses, it should be possible to interface a peltier junction for cold/hot sensations.
I've seen a temperature control system I could work with. http://www.fembotcentral.com/viewtopic. ... 303#p75032

- Dale Coba

dale coba

Post by dale coba » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:40 pm

NukuNookee wrote:This site has some things of interest: http://tinyonestore.com/

Specifically, this wearable microcontroller: http://tinyonestore.com/products/flora- ... compatible

They have a whole section on wearable electronics: http://tinyonestore.com/collections/wearable
Certainly small.

- Dale Coba