Miscategorized Media, or: Bummer, No Fembots.

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
jolshefsky
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

Miscategorized Media, or: Bummer, No Fembots.

Post by jolshefsky » Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:29 am

I dug up some oddball movies based on IMDb's keyword searches and wanted to let people know there is no fembot content in them. If this topic gets traction, I may edit this post to include other people's suggestions as well. Thar be spoilers...

Movies (practically) without Fembot Content that Could/Should:
  • After Yang (2022): "A family's AI helper breaks down." Good movie, but no fembots to be found.
  • The Companion (1994)ref: "Writer [...] buys an android companion and takes him with her to a remote cabin in the woods to keep her company as she writes. She starts a romance with him, which turns into a nightmare." One brief GINO appearance: a female secretary, but otherwise not worth watching.
  • Christmas Bloody Christmas (2022):"A robotic Santa Claus begins a rampant killing spree through a small town." Comic-horror Terminator parody; not even a robot elf, though.
  • Cutie Honey: Tears (2016)ref: " Scientist Dr. Kisaragi creates Cutie Honey, an android that possesses human emotions, in order to stop an evil organization." From Windblade's post: "There is no 'real' robot content in this movie, only some very small scenes."—glowing eyes, erratic eye movements, and a "small scene where various ports on Jill's back were shown." ["Jill is this movie's main villain, an evil emotionless android"]
  • Действуй, Маня (Deystvuy, Manya!, 1992)ref: "A biologist and a programmer create a superman robot to fight crime that looks like a photo model from a poster." "She acts more like a woman with super-strength than like a robot. The only one robotic thing about her is her blank / glassy stare."
  • Don't Worry Darling (2022): "A 1950s housewife living with her husband in a utopian experimental community begins to worry that his glamorous company could be hiding disturbing secrets." Could have something to do with female robots with its Stepford Wives vibes, but doesn't at all.
  • Foe (2023)ref: "Hen (Saoirse Ronan) & Junior's (Paul Mescal) life is thrown into turmoil when a stranger shows up at their door with a startling proposal[...]that they can have an AI robot/clone stand in for Junior while he's away building a space station. A familiar-to-this-board trope twist is suggested toward the end, but ultimately the whole film is just a bleak dialogue slog.
  • Kill Command (2016)ref: "Set in a near future, technology-reliant society that pits man against killing machines." Mills (Vanessa Kirby) works for Harbinger Robotics which makes military robots. She is sent with some soldiers to a remote planet to assess some military robots that are malfunctioning. Unfortunately, it turns out she is a human with some kind of cybernetic implant that is apparently necessary to keep her conscious. (She very well could have been an android posing as a human, as it would be silly to send a robot designer on a dangerous mission.)
  • Life Like (2019): "A couple buys a life-like robot." (Spoiler) the robots are actually brainwashed humans.
  • Morgan (2016)ref: "A consultant must decide whether or not to terminate an artificially created humanoid being." Central character Morgan is essentially a human clone with some nanobot stuff, I guess. (Spoilers) Corporate consultant Lee is basically the same thing, only an earlier experiment. She should have been an android since she (for all intents and purposes) looked and acted like one.
  • Mother/Android (2021)ref: "An android-servant uprising killing most humans; a young expectant mother and the father try to find a safe place." There is only one android that looks like it could be female (the dozens of other are all male) but its face is damaged making it look exactly like somebody wearing a slightly-mechanical-looking skull mask.
  • Robot and Frank (2012): "An aging thief receives a robot butler from his son." Pretty fun, solid movie overall, but there is just the one robot-like robot so no fembots.
  • Robot Apocalypse (2021): "When expert hacker Tara tries to stop a powerful, sentient A.I. as it takes over the world's military, the A.I. marks her as a terrorist that must be exterminated." CG metal robots, but no fembots. They shoot chips that control humans but only one guy gets hit and you just pull it out and you're fine.
  • Robot Riot (2020): "Soldiers with wiped memories arrive in a testing site to face off against giant robots." Potential in that the soldiers could have been androids, but nope. (Points for halfway decent super-cheap special effects of giant robots.)
  • Ruby Sparks (2012): "A novelist creates a female character he thinks will love him, then she becomes real." While being a construct from fiction, Ruby herself isn't an android at all. Since Calvin can write her as whatever he wants, I really wanted him to make her a robot, even temporarily, but that wouldn't have made sense in the film. Rather good movie; a smart morality tale about absolute power, but it hits a little close-to-home when compared to a controllable self-aware fembot.
  • Transcendence (2014): "A scientist's drive for artificial intelligence takes on dangerous implications when his own consciousness is uploaded into one such program." Once he becomes a big powerful computer AI, he invites his wife to be uploaded, but that doesn't end up happening. The closest thing is people getting nano-technobabble into their bodies to heal chronic injuries, and they become part of a hive mind; a few are women, but they're really just altered humans.
  • Uncanny (2015)ref: "The world's first 'perfect' Artificial Intelligence begins to exhibit startling and unnerving emergent behavior when a reporter begins a relationship with the scientist who created it." Not a bad little film at all. But I was oh so hoping the twist would be that the lovely Lucy Griffith's character was actually the android. She seems like she'd nail the mannerisms, etc.
  • Under the Skin (2013)ref: "A mysterious alien woman seduces lonely men." Good movie, not a robot.
Movies with Disappointing GINO* Content:
  • Cube (2021) (CUBE 一度入ったら、最後): (ref, Japanese remake of 1997 'Cube') "Without remembering how they got there, several strangers awaken in a prison of cubic cells, some of them booby-trapped." (Spoiler) The (only) woman in the movie is supposed to be some kind of android guard as indicated by information flickering in her eyes and POV at the end.
  • I'm Your Man (2021)ref: "Scientist agrees to live with a humanoid robot, created to make her happy." Primarily about the relationship of Alma and the male robot Tom. Surprising nobody, the saleswoman turns out to be a robot. Alma also meets a man on the street with an android woman.
  • Kamen Rider Drive (2014)ref: "A former elite police officer battles the Roidmudes, androids who wish to take over the world by eliminating humanity." There are female androids (most prominently Medic) but when the androids are in their human form, they look, behave, even bleed like humans, so no "real" fembot content.
  • Maid Droid (2023)ref: "A loser gets a sexy robot maid that will let him do whatever he wants, from a mysterious service." No robot special effects to speak of. Plus, the movie is low-budget and really quite bad. (Spoiler) The robot maid becomes more human and gets jealous of the guy's ex-girlfriend inexplicably returning to him.
  • Mind and Machine (2017)IMDb: "Set in 2024 where humanoid robots are common in society, the mob reprograms a female android to think and feel so they can use it as a contract killer." No robot special effects, aside from one metal frame that could have been stock footage. Not a good movie, either.
  • The Taste of Love (Η γεύση της αγάπης, Greece 2018)IMDb: "In the future where robots live with people, a man has a robot that have emotions. When the robot starts to feel feelings and it says about what is love, the man tells it the story of his 'lost' love." The description over-sells it: "...the future where one robot woman lives with one man..." The woman is pretty, but no proof that she's artificial.
* GINO="Gynoid In Name Only", e.g. just an ordinary female character that is supposed to be a machine.
Last edited by jolshefsky on Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:30 am, edited 22 times in total.
May your deeds return to you tenfold,

--- Jason Olshefsky

tdlsn

Re: Miscategorized Media, or: Bummer, No Fembots.

Post by tdlsn » Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:29 pm

Oh please continue. :notworthy:

jolshefsky

Post by jolshefsky » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:17 pm

I'm on the fence about including "Mother/Android (2021)". There's an android-servant uprising killing most humans, and we follow a young expectant mother and the father while they try to find a safe place. There is one android that looks like it could be female (the dozens of other are all male) but its face is damaged making it look exactly like somebody wearing a slightly-mechanical-looking skull mask (yeah, the effects are that lousy looking in what is otherwise a pretty good movie). I really want to highlight those movies that you think might be good but have nothing to offer, not just a tiny amount. (I mean, hell, I rented Omega Doom (1996) on VHS many, many years ago for what turned out to be two minutes of GINO ...)

--- Jason Olshefsky

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff

Post by Spaz » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:53 pm

I really like the idea of this thread, so I have Stickied it. I would possibly also use it to refer to any instances of GINO material.
Check out my stories: https://www.fembotwiki.com/index.php?title=User:Spaz

Current story status: The Small Business Chronicles: Season Two | The Doctor is in - The Clinic (In progress...)

jolshefsky

Post by jolshefsky » Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:06 pm

Spaz wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:53 pm I really like the idea of this thread, so I have Stickied it. I would possibly also use it to refer to any instances of GINO material.
I added the GINO list placeholder and adjusted my definition to include Mother/Android...

BTW, if I add something from someone else, I intend to link to the referenced comment in the thread.

--- Jason Olshefsky

jolshefsky

Post by jolshefsky » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:21 am

Adding I'm Your Man (2021): "Scientist agrees to live with a humanoid robot, created to make her happy." Primarily about the relationship of Alma and the male robot Tom. Surprising nobody, the saleswoman turns out to be a robot. Alma also meets a man on the street with an android woman. Otherwise, the movie is pretty good overall.

--- Jason Olshefsky

jolshefsky

Post by jolshefsky » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:07 pm

Just scrolling through a list on IMDb to jog my memory ...

Morgan (2016): "A corporate risk-management consultant must decide whether or not to terminate an artificially created humanoid being." Central character Morgan is essentially a human clone with some nanobot stuff, I guess. (Spoilers) Corporate consultant Lee is basically the same thing, only an earlier experiment.
Robot and Frank (2012): "An aging thief receives a robot butler from his son." Pretty fun, solid movie overall, but there is just the one robot-like robot so no fembots.
Ruby Sparks (2012): "A novelist creates a female character he thinks will love him, then she becomes real." While being a construct from fiction, Ruby herself isn't an android at all. Since Calvin can write her as whatever he wants, I really wanted him to make her a robot, even temporarily, but that wouldn't have made sense in the film. Rather good movie; a smart morality tale about absolute power, but it hits a little close-to-home when compared to a controllable fembot.
Under the Skin (2013): "A mysterious alien woman seduces lonely men." Good movie, not a robot.

Skipping ones that are obviously not fembots... I never saw S1m0ne (2002) but I'm sure it's a virtual actor, not a machine, and pretty sure she isn't even A.I. Also never saw I, Robot (2004) but I don't think there's any female robots in that.

I don't really remember much about Droid Gunner (1995) but I think it was just some GINO sex androids being smuggled ... let me know if anyone remembers better. I think I saw Friendship's Death (1987) with Tilda Swinton as an alien robot, but if I remember right, there's nothing about it that she's really a robot.

On a different list I'm reminded of a few others. I think Kingsman had a female robot of sorts at some point. One of the Transformers, too, but I think she was pretty solidly fembot albeit proven so in Michael Bay's "incomprehensible static of shiny metal" technique so there's no real internal structure.

--- Jason Olshefsky

tdlsn

Post by tdlsn » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:53 am

Lost hope in this fetish but please keep the reviews coming as I for one really appreciate it as a service and a time saver. :)

..Btw, this Wifelike movie is lacking in asfr content for me but would love to read about what others here think.

jolshefsky

Post by jolshefsky » Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:09 pm

tdlsn wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:53 am..Btw, this Wifelike movie is lacking in asfr content for me but would love to read about what others here think.
Not sure how you figure that. The central story revolves around an android "wife", starting with being booted up and introduced to her "home". As for ASFR content, while there are no open panels, there's a charger for her, the company that makes the "Wifelike" product, etc. There's a scene where defective units are brought in to a room and they stay there until their batteries run out before being reprogrammed (rather inefficient, I'd say.)

Perhaps you found a different film of the same name, or watched Life Like?

--- Jason Olshefsky

tdlsn

Post by tdlsn » Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:47 am

As for ASFR content, while there are no open panels
Ok, should've said this movie like so many these days does not contain the kinds of asfr content I hope to see. Yes while "The central story revolves around an android "wife" ", and does "boot up" other than some speech and the charger bed (a nod to the mobile device age we're in) again,to me,just little of the asfr elements I hoped to see involving fembots.
Btw, I should not have commented here about this film or any other material and may not do so about any other in the near future.

33cl33
Technosexuality: Built

Post by 33cl33 » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:36 am

"Uncanny" (2015)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2321502/

"The world's first "perfect" Artificial Intelligence begins to exhibit startling and unnerving emergent behavior when a reporter begins a relationship with the scientist who created it."

Not a bad little film at all. But I was oh so hoping the twist would be that the lovely Lucy Griffith's character was actually the android. She seems like she'd nail the mannerisms, etc.
SynthSuite audio clips, etc: https://linktr.ee/synthsuite

jolshefsky

Post by jolshefsky » Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:36 pm

33cl33 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:36 am"Uncanny" (2015)
Added...

--- Jason Olshefsky

jolshefsky

Post by jolshefsky » Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:59 pm

I'll put this one up for debate:

Kill Command (2016): "Set in a near future, technology-reliant society that pits man against killing machines." Mills (Vanessa Kirby) works for Harbinger Robotics which makes military robots. She has implanted computer vision that appears as blue text on her irises, and has a blue light (socket?) on the back of her neck. She is sent with some soldiers to a remote planet to assess some military robots that are malfunctioning. Unfortunately, it turns out she is a human with some kind of cybernetic implant that is apparently necessary to keep her conscious. (She very well could have been an android posing as a human, as it would be silly to send a robot designer on a dangerous mission.)

In my opinion, a human with implants is a human, especially if the machine part is presumably <10%. However, given her computer vision and how (spoilers) she "shuts down" toward the end of the film, she's kind of machine-like.

--- Jason Olshefsky

jolshefsky

Post by jolshefsky » Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:14 am

jolshefsky wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:59 pmKill Command (2016)
Added this to the list; no comments so far. Ultimately I decided that the fact that she's human (and not even a clone) earned a place on the list of shame. :wink:

--- Jason Olshefsky

tdlsn

Post by tdlsn » Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:09 am

the fact that she's human (and not even a clone) earned a place on the list of shame. :wink:
Thank you, please continue this very needed service. ASFR has been around long enough now.

jolshefsky

Post by jolshefsky » Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:55 am

Just rewatched Vice (2015) because I couldn't remember ... they were pretty muddy about the technology, but as best as I could tell from the dialog, the "residents" of the area called Vice (exactly like Delos in Westworld/Futureworld) are actually androids (computerized, electronic) albeit with cloned human skin and "some organs" whatever that means. There is one "repair" scene with one woman getting a bullet removed but it looks 70% like surgery ... she's with her friend and both are immobilized but have VCR-vision perspective shots.

It's weak but it doesn't technically make the list (nor the GINO list, given the repair scene.)

Oh, and the movie is pretty terrible overall, earning a glorious 4% on Rotten Tomatoes.

(Also not to be confused with Vice (2018) which is a biopic about Dick Cheney.)

--- Jason Olshefsky

jolshefsky

Post by jolshefsky » Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:17 am

jolshefsky wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:29 amThe Companion (1994)ref: "Writer [...] buys an android companion and takes him with her to a remote cabin in the woods to keep her company as she writes. She starts a romance with him, which turns into a nightmare." One brief GINO appearance: a female secretary, but otherwise not worth watching.
Added The Companion from Baron's mention in another thread.

--- Jason Olshefsky

jolshefsky

Post by jolshefsky » Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:24 pm

Skimmed through CQ (2001): "A young filmmaker in 1960s Paris juggles directing a cheesy sci-fi debacle, directing his own personal art film, coping with his crumbling relationship with his girlfriend, and realizing that he's infatuated with the sci-fi film's starlet."

It's mostly about a film editor who is working on a cheesy sci-fi movie. In the movie-in-a-movie, the female protagonist has a robot duplicate. Not sure if this should count for being "meta"...

--- Jason Olshefsky

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff

Post by Spaz » Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:32 pm

jolshefsky wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:24 pm Skimmed through CQ (2001): "A young filmmaker in 1960s Paris juggles directing a cheesy sci-fi debacle, directing his own personal art film, coping with his crumbling relationship with his girlfriend, and realizing that he's infatuated with the sci-fi film's starlet."

It's mostly about a film editor who is working on a cheesy sci-fi movie. In the movie-in-a-movie, the female protagonist has a robot duplicate. Not sure if this should count for being "meta"...
Psh, I still screencapped it....the scene was good enough.
Check out my stories: https://www.fembotwiki.com/index.php?title=User:Spaz

Current story status: The Small Business Chronicles: Season Two | The Doctor is in - The Clinic (In progress...)

jolshefsky

Post by jolshefsky » Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:50 am

Added to disappointing GINO:
jolshefsky wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:29 am
  • Cube (2021) (CUBE 一度入ったら、最後): (ref, Japanese remake of 1997 'Cube') "Without remembering how they got there, several strangers awaken in a prison of cubic cells, some of them booby-trapped." (Spoiler) The (only) woman in the movie is supposed to be some kind of android guard as indicated by information flickering in her eyes and POV at the end.

--- Jason Olshefsky

tdlsn

Post by tdlsn » Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:21 pm

Thanks,please keep those reviews coming..

jolshefsky

Post by jolshefsky » Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:47 am

Added "Don't Worry Darling" ... no fembots at all.

--- Jason Olshefsky

jolshefsky

Post by jolshefsky » Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:18 am

Saw Christmas Bloody Christmas had a terminator-style Santa but as far as I can tell, no female robots at all. Let me know a timestamp if there are any.

--- Jason Olshefsky

jolshefsky

Post by jolshefsky » Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:03 am

jolshefsky wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:18 am Saw Christmas Bloody Christmas had a terminator-style Santa but as far as I can tell, no female robots at all. Let me know a timestamp if there are any.
Well no answer on this, so I added it to the list.

--- Jason Olshefsky

Corey Fantoccini

Post by Corey Fantoccini » Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:03 am

jolshefsky wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:18 am Saw Christmas Bloody Christmas had a terminator-style Santa but as far as I can tell, no female robots at all. Let me know a timestamp if there are any.
I've seen the movie - it's a blast, but sorry, no female robots.

I feel like I'm doing the old Monty Python "The News for Parrots" sketch with this news.

"No fembots were involved in an accident on the M-1 today when a Lorry carrying High-octane fuel was in collison with a bollard...A spokesman for fembots said they were glad no fembots were involved."