Happy Independence Day!!!

Feel free to post any friendly non-asfr related talk here. No character play.
Keizo

Happy Independence Day!!!

Post by Keizo » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:24 pm

I wanted to say Happy July 4th to all here in the United States (and the rest of the world when the aliens come :P ) Thanks to our troops for keeping us safe so we can keep celebrating July 4th. Take care out there, guys!

*Please don't politicize this post. If you want to make anti-American statements, I ask that you start a new thread. Thank you.

PowerDroid5000
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Post by PowerDroid5000 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:58 pm

Here in Brazil independence is september 7th, happy independence day to all fellow americans!

Can i say happy birthday United States? :lol:

Stephaniebot
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Android

Post by Stephaniebot » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:25 am

Happy 4th July, even if I am now a day late!

Mind, as far as my ancestors are concerned independence day from the English is December 6th, so hopefully someone will remember that at the time?
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

Korby
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by Korby » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:42 am

For my part, I celebrated by getting drunk and watching an indifferent fireworks display. I think I also ate some hot dogs and bratwursts. I was disappointed in the fireworks, which I was told would be especially fancy on account of it being the bicentennial of the silly little town in which I was born and grew up and am still imprisoned (though from which I may soon escape to the Big City of Cleveland, may its streets be paved with gold). They weren't all that fancy.

I mainly enjoyed being with my friends and talking about movies (among other things). And drinking a lot of cheap horrible beer. A lot of conversation revolved around the fact that John Carpenter basically keeps trying to remake Rio Bravo to varying degrees of success, although without the Duke and also without Dean Martin and Ricky Nelson. One or the other may wash, but not both (witness El Dorado).

We were drunk enough, though, mind you, that that all came out as "trying to remake Rio Bravo without 'Ricky Martin'", which is not the same thing at all. Remaking Rio Bravo without Ricky Martin can only be a good thing.

(The bit in the middle of Rio Bravo where Dino and Ricky sing, with Walter Brennan accompanying them on the harmonica, is 100% pure awesome and cannot be duplicated. Not even with Ice Cube. I guess that's my patriotic statement of the day, in honor of the Duke and Howard Hawks. That's as patriotic as I get these days, I suppose, other than to be vaguely grateful that the whole idea still at least vaguely resembles a Going Concern 232 years later... )
"Oh shut up Ray don't talk about gettin' with a robot
That is a ill idea"
--Roast Beef
http://achewood.com

noidguy
Retired staff member

Post by noidguy » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:57 am

God bless America!

Keizo

Post by Keizo » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:23 pm

I hope everyone had a good day regardless of your country of origin. I was able to get some rest even with the massive fireworks that were going off! I watched some classic Twilight Zone, and lots of stand up comedy too with a nice BBQ sandwich. All in all it was a nice day. :wink:

And thanks Powerdroid! I was careful to say "The United States" because we are just a part of the Americas too. I hope I remember to return the good wishes on your independence day, but you might have to post here to remind me :D
Last edited by Keizo on Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PowerDroid5000
Technosexuality: Built

Post by PowerDroid5000 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:44 pm

You're welcome! In september i will post a remind (altough i think i'm the only Brazilian here) And i will celebrate with a classic "churrasco" (BBQ with meat & salt only)

PS: I will try to remember December 6th too :wink:

xodar

Post by xodar » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:05 am

PowerDroid5000 wrote:Here in Brazil independence is september 7th, happy independence day to all fellow americans!

Can i say happy birthday United States? :lol:

Certainly.
Nobody will object to people in any country posting notices about their national holidays. We're from everywhere here.

On most forums I note my national holidays, 2 March and 21 April. We should all be proud of where we're from and/or have chosen to live.
"You can believe me, because I never lie and I'm always right." -- George Leroy Tirebiter.
If a tree falls in the forest and there's nobody there to hear it I don't give a rat's ass.
http://www.bbotw.com/product.aspx?ISBN=0-7414-4384-8
http://www.bbotw.com/description.asp?ISBN=0-7414-2058-9