Wiki Page Creation Question

Feel free to post any friendly non-asfr related talk here. No character play.
mister_minations
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Wiki Page Creation Question

Post by mister_minations » Thu May 06, 2021 12:22 am

I never really thought about this before, but, after I publish a story, is it automatically registered to the Story Archive? I get the feeling that it isn't, but I'm scared that I'll screw up the master list if I try to add in my links manually.

I guess, in general, are there any formatting or archiving rules I need to follow when I make a story?

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Re: Wiki Page Creation Question

Post by Spaz » Thu May 06, 2021 8:29 am

Actually, any time someone posts a story here on Fembot Central, I create a page for the on the wiki within a few days for archiving purposes.
Check out my stories: https://www.fembotwiki.com/index.php?title=User:Spaz

Current story status: The Small Business Chronicles: Season Two | The Doctor is in - The Clinic (In progress...)

--NightBattery--

Post by --NightBattery-- » Thu May 06, 2021 1:13 pm

I wonder if an automatization feature could be created to automatically store stuff on their respective archives.
Wish I knew a bit of coding stuff.

Tho I guess it is not necessary since editors are filtered to prevent vandalism.

--NightBattery--

Post by --NightBattery-- » Thu May 06, 2021 3:29 pm

Also now that there is a convo about the wiki.

I wonder if you guys know how to make sure at least one example of visual content is shown in these. If so I volunteer to implement that on semi-abandoned or kinda legacy users galleries.

Blox_242
Fembot Central Staff
Technosexuality: Built

Post by Blox_242 » Thu May 06, 2021 3:53 pm

For that image, the Wiki tries to grab the first-ish image for those pop ups ( https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:PageImages ), but it sometimes doesn't pick one at all due to how it scores images.
How does it select images?
All images in the page are collected and a score for each image is calculated. The image with the highest score is selected as the page image. If the wiki is configured such that images contain metadata that specifies images are not freely licensed, the image with the best score that is also freely licensed is also stored. If no suitable image is found or all the images score badly (i.e. has a negative score), the page will not have any images.