DCEU Reset

Feel free to post any friendly non-asfr related talk here. No character play.
inky 2
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Android

DCEU Reset

Post by inky 2 » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:04 am

Curious anyone’s opinion on the DCEU being reset by James Gunn. I feel like it’s not going to be successful it feels too late to capitalize on superhero movies and DC/WB has no good will built up.

Anderson88
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Re: DCEU Reset

Post by Anderson88 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:00 pm

Personally, I think this reset will go well if the first movie is a hit, much like how Iron Man's success launched the MCU. A hit film in the beginning of this new era would create momentum and potentially negate whatever lack of good will there is towards WB and DC. I feel like the average US moviegoer has little-to-no expectations for how the new James Gunn era will turn out anyway, mainly because they don't follow Marvel/DC news religiously and are going to the movies based on word-of-mouth.

Now in the same token, a flop is a flop, so much like how Tom Cruise's The Mummy killed Universal's Dark Universe from the get-go, this could very well happen to this new era of DCEU.

James Gunn has to hire a really solid director for that first film (if it's not himself already), so I'll wait until that announcement is made before I can feel good or bad about this reset.

GirlieGirl1985
Identification: Cyborg

Post by GirlieGirl1985 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:59 pm

I'm just gonna say it... I'll do it. First movie - Dana Brooke as Power Girl. bam!

Seriously though, DC movies have hit a point where they've been mostly all right. Only WW1984 has been met with bad reviews lately. But the trouble is they tried to start with Avengers when they probably should have started with Batman. Didn't help that Man of Steel is a bit dodgy.

I think a reboot universe with recasts is the best way to go now. Shame because Cavill should have been a good Supes but not to be.

King Snarf
Identification: Human

Post by King Snarf » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:52 pm

Honestly, I feel bad for Zachary Levi and all the folks involved with the Shazam! movies. The first one was fun, and the new one also looks fun.