Second-Hand Romance

If you own an ASFR related site let your fans know about your updates by posting a detailed description of your changes or new additions.

Who's excited to see live-action Fection...?

Me!
96%
Not I.
No votes
Just got out of the shower... What y'all talking about?
4%

Total votes: 81

33cl33
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Second-Hand Romance

Post by 33cl33 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:54 pm

Hey all!

Just moved my studio up a floor, and was without internet or phones for a couple weeks...

Didn't want you all to think the movie was ditched or anything!

Still going as planned - rehearsing, screen-testing, etc.

Looking for a suggestion - there's this makeup that gives an ever-so-barely-noticeable sheen to skin... and after dealing with hundreds of makeup stylists, damned if I can remember what the stuff was.

It's the stuff - strangely - EVERY character from extra to lead wore on Spike Lee's 'Sucker Free City' thing for Showtime... that's the best lead I got ;-)

More updates - and photos :shock: - soon.

Peace!

http://www.misinformedproductions.com/romance.html
SynthSuite audio clips, etc: https://linktr.ee/synthsuite

33cl33

Post by 33cl33 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:17 pm

....aaaand as promised - an update:

Posted a test shot of Candy herself to the wiki:

http://www.fembotwiki.com/images/b/b4/Candy_Maid.jpg

Enjoy!

KingJeremy

Post by KingJeremy » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:28 pm

:shock: May I be the first to say... YES!

I am very excited to see what you come up with. I didn't have an opportunity to order the title produced by the collaborative efforts of several of the members (sorry guys drawing a blank on the title...I'm gettin old) even though I very much wanted too, but I will make sure I order this when it's completed.

Again, a hearty thank you for puttin forth the effort.

KJ

mysticblueca
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by mysticblueca » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:58 pm

Looks Awesome and waiting VERY patiently.

revtek

Post by revtek » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:13 am

Yeah, I basically wish I could just freeze myself a la Eric Cartman, and wake up when it's done. It looks great.

robolvr
Technosexuality: Transformation

Post by robolvr » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:27 am

Can't wait to see more!

(And the other title is UPGRADE.) :)

33cl33

Post by 33cl33 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:37 am

:shock:

[wiping a little sweat from forehead] Woo! Gee - thanks!

I'll do my best to keep info, pics & updates coming... We should have a more definite shooting schedule figured out by tonight - though I'm not going to jinx anything with publicly announcing dates quite yet. I've learned that lesson in the past ;-)

Our website will have a much more interesting area for the film as we progress... I just wanted to have the poster up so you all could set your bookmarks!

Thanks again for the encouragement - it keeps me moving forward!

fembotfan

Thanks for doing this

Post by fembotfan » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:08 pm

What state are you filming in? I like seeing new cities and the thought of seeing something this awsome filmed makes me want to at least ask. Keep on rockin and filming.

ANNA

Re: Second-Hand Romance

Post by ANNA » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:45 pm

33cl33 wrote:
Looking for a suggestion - there's this makeup that gives an ever-so-barely-noticeable sheen to skin... and after dealing with hundreds of makeup stylists, damned if I can remember what the stuff was.
Urban Decay Shimmer powder?
Also if you want to give the skin a more vinyl feel try drying on Australian Tea Treatment Peal off Facial mask. It dies tight to the skin and makes it act a little more plastic like. I am pretty sure this is what they used in that Perfect-woman commercial. Shimmer powder is a little softer though and will give it a matte shine rather than a glossy, which might be a little more attractive and less noticeable for Fection's character.

Also you might want to lightly have a hair stylus come in and make sure there are no loose hair, and well as have the make up artist stencil the hair line. If done right it will look natural and give the actress a more perfect feel to her features.

Finally use TEETH WHITNER. I hate when peoples teeth look natural on a character that should be "perfect" its not a big investment and really can bring out a smile.

Not sure what level your filming skills are, and I am not offended if you don't take any of my advice. But Fections Second Hand Angel is some of my all time favorite work. And soem day would love to see it come full circle, completed and published. So I have high hopes for any project that carriers any resemblance to his work.

If I can be of any assistance ask, I own a small record label, and though I can't offer cash I can offer music lic and sound help. um, and don't take offense, if your project looks like it is going to be completed.

Excited to see your work and very excited to see Candy portrayed, I think that character deserves it.

ANNA

Post by ANNA » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:09 pm

Oh I just looked at your previous work.
Seriously, huge advice, and no I am not expert.
Use filters in post and clean up your frame. Also, get the cam off the camera mans shoulder. Avoid letting it be shoulder level straight on. Get your man on a ladder, or put it on some type of wheeled post the site level at 6-8feet.

Shoulder height screams to a viewer amateur, and most viewers with out know it identify this shot as weak or "b".

Finally if you can (I know this is not aways possible,) try not to let the cam be stationed during a shot, keep it a "drift" even if its slight. It will hold your viewers attention better.

For Candy's short out scenes, not sure what you plan but one of my friends for a tv series said that he avoided using digital effects. He let the sount effect and the actress make the moment happen. He flashed a red can on a focus area of the body when ever she malfunctioned. Then used actual sparks from a grinder (though small when it called for it.) Then in post, he enhanced the lighted areas with filter an a layer of the image over itself giving it the snese the light was from inside the body. That with some great sound looked really good. I guess that technique is pretty common though I know I am missing some parts I am sure if your interested in it you will figure it out.

I have never tried it myself, I think less is more in an upcoming shoot with a similar theme I plan to let the actress to every thing and shoot the room with intense lighting, then simply use a cigarette for my smoking effects.

Sorry for all the advice I get a little excited.
;)

WilloWisp
Location: An infinite distance away in a direction which can't be described in 3-dimensions.

Post by WilloWisp » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:36 pm

ANNA wrote:For Candy's short out scenes, not sure what you plan but one of my friends for a tv series said that he avoided using digital effects. He let the sount effect and the actress make the moment happen. He flashed a red can on a focus area of the body when ever she malfunctioned. Then used actual sparks from a grinder (though small when it called for it.) Then in post, he enhanced the lighted areas with filter an a layer of the image over itself giving it the snese the light was from inside the body. That with some great sound looked really good. I guess that technique is pretty common though I know I am missing some parts I am sure if your interested in it you will figure it out.
Got to ask: Which particular TV show was this?

sarabot
Identification: Android

Post by sarabot » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:03 pm

I vote more CANDYBOT! I love fection's work ;)

Frostillicus

Post by Frostillicus » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:29 pm

WilloWisp wrote:
ANNA wrote:For Candy's short out scenes, not sure what you plan but one of my friends for a tv series said that he avoided using digital effects. He let the sount effect and the actress make the moment happen. He flashed a red can on a focus area of the body when ever she malfunctioned. Then used actual sparks from a grinder (though small when it called for it.) Then in post, he enhanced the lighted areas with filter an a layer of the image over itself giving it the snese the light was from inside the body. That with some great sound looked really good. I guess that technique is pretty common though I know I am missing some parts I am sure if your interested in it you will figure it out.
Sounds a little like the effects in Cherry 2000 when she shorted. I agree though! If this is something that we haven't seen yet, please let us know (and see if you can get a hold of the unreleased footage/takes/out-takes/cuts/walkthroughs/auditions...) :D

Hopefully all that great footage will be saved from this production too!!! ;) (nudge, nudge -- hint, hint)
Thaw me out when robot wives are cheap and effective.

ANNA

Post by ANNA » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:10 pm

WilloWisp wrote:
sorry for my slow response, I am trying to contact him. We are not close, as I said I am not a pro he is someone that is, and oddly our conversation went more along the lines of. "Hey I am doing a music video for this guy he needs kinda a robot theme.."

he replied "I thought you were in to music?"

to which I replied "He offered to pay and I am in to money before music"

he laughed and asked me what I needed then cmae back, and here is the fun part:

"A few years ago I did this show with a robot girl in it or something, what we did was.."

you know the rest.

but in the point of interest I have emailed him. :)

33cl33

Post by 33cl33 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:51 am

Thanks for all of the tips - most of my stuff that's posted online is, well, not really a good example of me at my best with a camera.

My youtube stuff is usually made for nothing, on-the-fly (in near-real time) and all that jazz. We're taking our time with this one, though :-)

I keep most of my prime (read - paid) reel material on the down-low, like the history channel, discovery & lifestyle network stuff... Fun to shoot, not always so fun to watch.

FYI-y stuff...

We're shooting in Pennsylvania - one of the four largest cities... we'll leave it up to the viewers to figure out which.

Ok - fuck it... It's Pittsburgh. It's a closed set, though - keeping all the elements in order is distracting enough.

We're still open to offerings from any of you who are music-minded, for the score / soundtrack. We may have the right pieces already - but who knows.

Thanks for the info on the makeup - I'll check out that powder. The masks are too overstated for what I'd like to go for, but it gave me some other ideas...

More to come!

33cl33

UGH...

Post by 33cl33 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:53 pm

Had some cast drop out due to tight schedules...

Sooo - looking to audition for re-casting.

Anyone in the northwestern PA area who's interested... submit headshots / acting experience & contact info to misinformedproductions (at) yahoo.com

And yeah - you can all take this as a postpone-ment update, unfortunately.

Other than that - congratulations to Obama!

33cl33

Post by 33cl33 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:26 pm

With the cast dropping out - and some tragedy in the lives of other members of the production - I'm just going to produce this in Los Angeles rather than Pennsylvania...

A lot has happened since we set out to do this short. Most of it not that good.

I'll be back in Los Angeles after the new year, so anyone who's in the SoCal area and interested in being involved - PM me.

I'll be looking for a boom mic operator, a makeup/hair artist, CAST and location (Charlie's apartment). I'd like to shoot by February. Deferred pay & I'd like to make it a SAG low-budget contract short film.

Ciao!

33cl33

IT'S ON!!!

Post by 33cl33 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:55 pm

Just finished wrapping a feature film out here in sunny Los Angeles...

so it's finally time to shoot Second-Hand Romance. It'll be worth the wait, as we're shooting it with a professional crew & lighting gear this time - on pro HD cinema cameras.

We've got most of the cast - just need to find our new Candy & a few more crew positions, and then it should be a quick shoot & post-production before you guys get to see some live-action Fection!

Again, if anyone in the socal area is interested in working on the crew (deferred pay) for a day or two - let me know!

We mostly need:
Grip / Electric
Hair / Makeup
PA's