FembotWiki - Spaz Administration

If you own an ASFR related site let your fans know about your updates by posting a detailed description of your changes or new additions.
Lithorien
Technosexuality: None of your business
Identification: Human

Re: FembotWiki - Spaz Administration

Post by Lithorien » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:46 pm

Kube² wrote:Except i have to admit I would not be very happy to see manbot appearing in the "gallery of new files" section, I'm really not a big fan of that.
Seconded, but it's a free service (for us), so it's hard to complain. Seems like there's fewer and fewer places to go anymore without that sort of crossover. Then again, there's no ManbotCentral, so where would they go?

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by Spaz » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:49 pm

Exactly...plus, we have a member here, deesims, who prefers manbots, but they've been kind enough to post the occasional fembot find during their searches, so we're all part of the same ASFR community, with the r standing for Robots.
Check out my stories: https://www.fembotwiki.com/index.php?title=User:Spaz

Current story status: The Small Business Chronicles: Season Two | The Doctor is in - The Clinic (In progress...)

Blox_242
Fembot Central Staff
Technosexuality: Built

Post by Blox_242 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:00 pm

Alright, going to kick off the upgrade here shortly, site could be down for up to an hour or so as the upgrade script makes a bunch of changes in the database of everything.

Edit: All done.

FacelessFembot

Post by FacelessFembot » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:25 pm

I noticed the upgrades also allow a number of the GIF thumbnails (such as those I've posted over the years) to actually appear, though some of them look pretty weird until you actually look at the full size.

FacelessFembot

Post by FacelessFembot » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:28 pm

Just thinking of it now, wondering if it has been discussed before: when checking the gallery of new files, would it be possible to do some sort of filter to differentiate between fembots and everything else?

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff

Post by Spaz » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:43 pm

Alright, so Blox has finally upgraded MediaWiki to 1.33, over 1.26.2 that it had been using. Aside from the new features from just that mentioned in a previous post, we have also installed the following extensions:
  • *Multi-Upload
    **Finally!!!! Image
    *Dark Mode (It's a toggle at the top of each page, should come in handy for night owls.)
    *Page Views
    *Replace Text

Current story status: The Small Business Chronicles: Season Two | The Doctor is in - The Clinic (In progress...)

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff

Post by Spaz » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:44 pm

Well today Blox was able to install some more extensions!

*MediaViewer
**To activate, click the beta link in the top right corner and activate it. Once activated, once you click on one image in a gallery, it will basically turn it into a slideshow, so you can move from image to image without having to back out.
***This will come in real handy for those of you posting/viewing comics.

*WikiEditor
**For those of us like myself who are not good at coding or HTML, this adds some more Microsoft Office-like editing tools in the editing window, such as: tables, increase/decrease font size, and bulleted lists.

He will attempt a few more in the coming days. Stay tuned!

Blox_242
Fembot Central Staff

Post by Blox_242 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:29 am

Just a note, MediaViewer can only Be enabled for logged in users, if it works out well I'll enabled it by default for everyone and anonymous users too

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff

Post by Spaz » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:17 pm

Just an FYI, if you are seeing multiple edits on the Recent Pages that show content being removed from pages, don't worry. I'm going through the wiki and replacing garbage code from the pages, such as the obsolete <flash> tags, and other code rendered unnecessary after the various HTML5, PHP, and MediaWiki upgrades that have occurred over the years.

I may have accidentally broken images on some pages, but am diligently working on rectifying the error. But, fret not, if you visit one of your pages and see images aren't appearing, all you have to do is go the page history and copy/paste the most recent correct version over the current version.

Going forward, as an FYI, if you are posting images onto a gallery page, as long as the images are contained within these two tags <gallery> </gallery> then you do not need to add File: or Image: to the beginning of the file name. You only need to add the filename. (Example: filename 1.jpg, not Image:filename 1.jpg)

If you are posting an image on a page that is not within the gallery tags, then you will need to add the File: or Image:

Thank you!

Kube²

Post by Kube² » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:29 pm

I test the batch mode, I would like the possibility to not use it. at first it seems awsome, then it ask you to fill the description, then the release date and other useless stuff, the process is too messy, is it possible to make it faster ? why should I write a description ? we all know what is a fembot manip !?!, i won't describe 200 time the same thing....

EDIT :indeed things are far worse than what I was thinking the batch mode "autoname" on the basis of your first file, ignoring all naming and classification work you ve done before uplaoding. This is just not possible for me, please could you remove those 10 manips ;

GEN 5 Valerie Idle (1).jpg
GEN 5 Valerie Idle (2).jpg
GEN 5 Valerie Idle (3).jpg
GEN 5 Valerie Idle (4).jpg
GEN 5 Valerie Idle (5).jpg
GEN 5 Valerie Idle (6).jpg
GEN 5 Valerie Idle (7).jpg
GEN 5 Valerie Idle (8).jpg
GEN 5 Valerie Idle (9).jpg
GEN 5 Valerie Idle (10).jpg

thx in advance
Last edited by Kube² on Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff

Post by Spaz » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:38 pm

I had the same complaint, and Blox is currently working on possibly removing that step. However, if you look carefully at the bottom of the first image in your list, it gives you the option of simply copying the same description and date from the first image onto all other images. Just remember to check/uncheck the boxes properly, otherwise it will rename each file sequentially from the first image.

Kube²

Post by Kube² » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:43 pm

Spaz wrote:I had the same complaint, and Blox is currently working on possibly removing that step. However, if you look carefully at the bottom of the first image in your list, it gives you the option of simply copying the same description and date from the first image onto all other images. Just remember to check/uncheck the boxes properly, otherwise it will rename each file sequentially from the first image.
yes I see that see my last message

EDIT :indeed things are far worse than what I was thinking the batch mode "autoname" on the basis of your first file, ignoring all naming and classification work you ve done before uplaoding. This is just not possible for me, please could you remove those 10 manips ;

GEN 5 Valerie Idle (1).jpg
GEN 5 Valerie Idle (2).jpg
GEN 5 Valerie Idle (3).jpg
GEN 5 Valerie Idle (4).jpg
GEN 5 Valerie Idle (5).jpg
GEN 5 Valerie Idle (6).jpg
GEN 5 Valerie Idle (7).jpg
GEN 5 Valerie Idle (8).jpg
GEN 5 Valerie Idle (9).jpg
GEN 5 Valerie Idle (10).jpg

by the way just remove the 10 last pics I will repost them properly
thx in advance

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff

Post by Spaz » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:45 pm

No problem! I myself had to delete more than 120 images last night before I got the hang of it, so I'm glad to help! It has been done.

Kube²

Post by Kube² » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:04 pm

ok, I corrected most of the errors and reuplaod everything, I know you are working hard but yet the wiki is far from ideal, there is still work to do

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff

Post by Spaz » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:07 pm

Yeah, we are still working on fixing all the bugs and improving the wiki further. Please be patient.

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff

Post by Spaz » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:29 pm

So far I've managed to upload all stories posted on Fembot Central from now until about March or April of 2019. I hope to get the rest tomorrow...

Toastdroid

Post by Toastdroid » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:00 pm

Heya! Just popping in to note for people here that I've been doing some work on categorising stuff on FW - mainly images.
I've been using categories to make a psuedo-tagging system, since the new uploader gives users the option to add categories to uploads.

I've already categorised a number of images, using categories stored in the TropeTags supercategory and I've also added a CharacterTags supercategory for characters from media, OCs, etc, though it is currently empty. Take a look!

Here's how you can add categories to images, etc:

To add a category to an image before upload, simply type the one you want in the category bar during the wiki, the wizard will give you options on the currently created categories. If a category you want isn't already created you can also enter new ones. Added categories appear inside a box with a cross (which you can click to remove them), so make sure you've added all your categories properly before proceeding.

Any categories you've added that aren't already in the wiki will appear as red links - this means you need to create them first, which is simple - just click on the link and either write a quick description of the category, and/or add it to another category. You don't need to do this, but it stops the wiki from yelling at you for trying to create a page with no content

Any images you upload without any categories will be automatically labelled as Uncategorised and dumped in that category, so you should probably at least add one simple category, eg the type of image, or your username, something like that is enough.

For images that are already uploaded, you simply edit the image page and add [[category:x]] to the image page, (replace x with the tag you want to add), you can do this for as many categories as you like.

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff

Post by Spaz » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:12 pm

Alright, all stories posted in the last year and a half or so have been copied over to FembotWiki.

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff

Post by Spaz » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:13 pm

If you are seeing some files being deleted, don't worry, they have been verified as duplicates of already existing images and are merely being pruned from the wiki.

FacelessFembot

Post by FacelessFembot » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:07 pm

I checked. Only one file of mine is missing, from May of this year.

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff

Post by Spaz » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:55 pm

It has been restored. File was accidentally included in a flagged search for "Duplicate".

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff

Post by Spaz » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:53 pm

I just want to post a "new" rule...although it should be common sense. FembotWiki is a place for robot related artwork and stories. It is not a place for fake nudes, or general photos of actors/actresses who happened to portray a robot at sometime in their career.

If you are going to post a fake nude of an actor/actress, it must at least have been manipulated as well to make it robotlike. Just being an actor/actress who portrayed a robot is not enough. Any posts of unmanipulated fake nudes from this point will be deleted.

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff

Post by Spaz » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:13 pm

Alright...for the first time after assuming ownership of FembotWiki, I have finally updated the Main Page....only took me an hour

I'm probable going to cut back down on the artists images on the main page from 25 to 20 or 15, since after all these years, so many of the good images have already been used by Rman on the main page, that there aren't too many left to choose from

Also, once I'm more comfortable with the new editing tools, I will be adding the Author of the Month section to the Main Page. Since we're already approaching the beginning of October, I would likely start it at the beginning of November instead

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff

Post by Spaz » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:01 pm

The Manbot Gallery section has finally gotten its first additions:
https://www.fembotwiki.com/index.php?ti ... ot_Gallery

Steve
Technosexuality: None of your business

Post by Steve » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:24 am

he is 16