Suggestion: Additional features for FYOP

Post your suggestions and comments about Fembot Central.
--NightBattery--

Suggestion: Additional features for FYOP

Post by --NightBattery-- » Wed May 06, 2020 4:10 pm

Hello,

As you all might know there are several FYOP text games in the wiki .

I haven't paid much attention to some of them but to my knowledge, must of them follow a pretty rigid path.
I think that can be a bit detrimental despite the best efforts of the FYOP writers in making engaging text adventures.

I was wondering if perhaps there are means to add chance and modifiers using aah mediawiki....html codes? so more randomness and choice-making can be expected from future text games.

I am almost sure it is possible but I lack the knowledge of how the codes work. I don't even know how they are even called.
I tried to look for templates before writing this since that is how I solve all my MediaWiki problems but found very little.
but I think that if conditions can be added to text games I think people could do some amazing things with such tools.

Just something for your consideration for the future or for the bored programmers around.
Regards.

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

Re: Suggestion: Additional features for FYOP

Post by Spaz » Wed May 06, 2020 6:21 pm

We are currently investigating several extensions which may be able to enable html based FYOP type devices, however we need to ensure that the extensions are both secure, and functional.

Basically, any extension would allow for html codes to be entered in, and that could potentially allow people to enter in malicious code that could mess up the wiki, so we want to make sure we have all our bases covered.
Check out my stories: https://www.fembotwiki.com/index.php?title=User:Spaz

Current story status: The Small Business Chronicles: Season Two | The Doctor is in - The Clinic (In progress...)