Interim Update & Question

Found an interesting gallery online or added some new images to FembotWiki? Post photo-manipulations, artwork, or other visual media here.

Number of ribs?

3 ribs
67%
4 ribs
33%
It looked better before
No votes

Total votes: 9

TheThingBelow
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Interim Update & Question

Post by TheThingBelow » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:36 pm

I haven't put a ton of time recently into the 3d model, but I do have some minor changes I would like to ask the community's opinion on.

Disclaimer first: The changes you will see here compared to my last render are in no way complete or ready. If you look carefully you will see lots of floating unconnected solenoid joints, clipping, and a piece of the Cyber Gen 8f that was ripped directly without any of the reshaping and resizing it needs to actually fit inside a female model. Again, you will see many errors if you look closely enough. This is not about any of the actuators or whatever else that has been changed.

What this IS about is the ribs. I felt that the human-like ribs I originally had made the model look far too human structurally. I felt like it detracted from the overall appearance, and delineated from the more mechanical appearance I wanted to represent.

Now all that being said, I restructured the android's upper torso. It now has a 'rib' & solenoid layout that is inspired by the torso from Terminators, and this is interlaid with the artificial musculature that was present before. I want to get opinions on if you think that the model looks more appropriate with 4 of these large rib plates or 3. I honestly cannot decide. It's a minor difference, I know, but I need to settle on it before I can start finalizing the layout of some of the torso solenoids for reasons I don't want to get into the details of.

Also, the ribs may look slightly too wide to you. Sorry about that. The model I am using is very slightly larger (10%) and slightly more muscular (20%) than the base model. Both of these attributes increase upper torso size in comparison to hip size. I didn't realize that initially, so ignore that aspect if you can. It'll easily fit inside the base model when all is said and done.

--NightBattery--

Re: Interim Update & Question

Post by --NightBattery-- » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:53 pm

That's a really good model.
The muscle actuators look great. Like the stuff you see in actual prototypes, but more streamlined.

I am not following, you are creating these 3d resources?

Regards and happy weekend -w-

TheThingBelow
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Re: Interim Update & Question

Post by TheThingBelow » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:02 pm

I am creating some, combining others, and reshaping/doing meshwork on a few that were already made.
All I am asking for now though, is whether or not you prefer how the model appears with 3 ribs or 4 ribs.