The Prismarine Company Debut~

Found an interesting gallery online or added some new images to FembotWiki? Post photo-manipulations, artwork, or other visual media here.
Alex Bluefall
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Android

The Prismarine Company Debut~

Post by Alex Bluefall » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:42 pm

Hello! I am Alex Bluefall, head of a little fictional company called The Prismarine Company. I've taken up image manipulation, and want to share with you all the fruits of my first run. It's a tad rough, and I learned a lot in the process, but I think it came out well. Take a look:

SRC: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/83895640

Any criticism is appreciated, and I'll be trying to make more occasionally when I get the time (and drive) to.

As a sidenote, I am now in a relationship with the undo keybind.

P.S. I used Krita for this. Krita is good.

P.P.S. OH ALSO - I used waifu2x-ncnn-vulkan to upscale the image, and touched it up manually. Trust me, this thing is way better than any online upscaler you will find, and all you need is a terminal and half-decent GPU.

mechamaiden
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Re: The Prismarine Company Debut~

Post by mechamaiden » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:02 am

She looks like she was normally playing baseball but she either malfunctioned or was hacked, causing her to undress and show her nude body while overheating (probably a system overload) before resuming. That's very great for a first run. For me, the more anime girl manips here, the better. :)

I want to give you some tips from what I've learned during edit. But would it be alright if I were to slightly alter your edit just to show some points I want to make?

Alex Bluefall

Post by Alex Bluefall » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:50 am

Sure, go ahead.

Pylon

Post by Pylon » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:22 pm

Hey, that's really nicely done! I hope that you will continue to do manips and find some enjoyment out of it.

Definitely looks like she was overclocking her systems, and I'd wager one of her teammates hiked up her shirt without even realizing it lol.

Very impressive with how you handled the indent of the side panel, I really look forward to what else you'll create!

Alex Bluefall

Post by Alex Bluefall » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:08 pm

That side panel is both the part I'm most proud of and the part I'm most annoyed with. Out of the whole manip, probably 40% of my time was spent on the panel. I can't take credit for the depth, that goes to Maxyz for her input. The original wasn't as deep, but I like how it turned out after following her suggestions.

Also I have to thank Lilith for giving me a hint toward Krita's bezel layer effect. That made the seams look so much better and stand out a lot more.

Pylon

Post by Pylon » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:05 pm

Yeah, it's always great to get pointers from others, usually makes the image/manip better as a whole.

Heh, that is how it is with small and complex details, you're always going to spending a lot of time on small parts to make the tech have more substance and complexity. Sure it takes a while, but stuff like that always adds to the quality each time, and the more you do that sort of thing, the easier it gets.

mechamaiden

Post by mechamaiden » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:34 am

Alex Bluefall wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:50 am Sure, go ahead.
Sorry for the very late reply, I had some problems with my internet today.

I really liked your edit. I loved how you changed the eyes compared to the original artwork. It gives a more "evil robot clone" kinda vibe to me. Also, I really dig the panel too.

I just want to make some nitpicks (although, I think these are more of a personal preference than anything).

Note: My english is not that good, so my wording might be confusing.

I suggest trying to make the color of the lines match the outlines that it's connected to to make the seamlines look fitting. Having unmatching colors make the lines stand out a bit and make the edit obvious. Also, probably make the lines thinner to match it with the outline of the image, unless it's a design choice. Another suggestion is that adding/drawing some shadows under the lines to make it seem like those are really segmented parts that are either above or below other segments.

These are just my suggestions/nitpicks/personal preferences though, especially if you have your own style that you like. Hope my input helps. It looks so good anyways.

My slight alteration of your edit. I added some shine to the exhaust(?) (I don't actually know what it's called) and some glow on the eyes. I look forward to your future edits. :)

Pylon

Post by Pylon » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:41 am

Manipping is quite the tricky thing to get a grasp on. Depends if you want to be image accurate or just do what you want to it regardless of the original style.

Nice job with the tweaks though Mechamaiden, I think both versions are very nice.

Honestly it's just great to have more manippers about, especially ones focusing on 2D anime designs and such.

Alex Bluefall

Post by Alex Bluefall » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:38 pm

I just find 2D easier to work with, tbh.

Trying to get a real life image to look good is a dark art I will never learn.

Even if my uni gave me free photoshop.

Pylon

Post by Pylon » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:53 pm

I mean with my method of trying to be originally accurate, and drawing all the manip stuff for the most part, it is like required of my to stick to 2D images.

Plus overall, 2D images are more fun/ look better as manips personally. Doesn't mean irl manips aren't bad, I just think it's more consistently better through more artists with 2D manips.