SWF to GIF conversions

Found an interesting gallery online or added some new images to FembotWiki? Post photo-manipulations, artwork, or other visual media here.
Toastdroid
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

SWF to GIF conversions

Post by Toastdroid » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:25 pm

Been working on a way to convert some of the SWF files on the wiki to either GIF or WEBM, so they're less awkward to view.
I've converted a batch of Frostillicus' flashes to gifs, with the intention of doing the same to every non-interactive SWF on the wiki (eventually). Some of these had sound in their original format, so I'm also looking to convert them to webm in addition to gif.

Bear in mind that I cannot convert anything interactive, that's kinda beyond me.

You can see the first batch of results here: https://www.fembotwiki.com/index.php?title=Frostillicus
Last edited by Toastdroid on Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Re: SWF to GIF conversions

Post by Spaz » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:41 pm

Thanks very much!

I have searched fruitlessly for an extension that would allow FembotWiki to once more properly display .swf files, but they do not appear to exist any longer, since the internet seems eager to rid itself of those old plugins.
Check out my stories: https://www.fembotwiki.com/index.php?title=User:Spaz

Current story status: The Small Business Chronicles: Season Two | The Doctor is in - The Clinic (In progress...)

Toastdroid
Technosexuality: Built

Re: SWF to GIF conversions

Post by Toastdroid » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:04 pm

A lot of non-chrome browsers will still display swf files if you navigate directly to the file (firefox still plays em fine) for now, but I imagine there aren't any ways to embed them in the wiki any more, yeah.

I just download the swfs and open them in something like irfanview, personally, but it's not 100% ideal.