New Willowisp Stories?

Share your fembot fiction and fantasies here or discuss the craft of writing by asking for or giving suggestions.
CheeseMaker
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

New Willowisp Stories?

Post by CheeseMaker » Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:38 am

I know that the Virus Alert saga will never continue, but I really hope Willowisp would come back and make stories again. Their stories unironically are really my kind of kinks and really interested the plot itself. Will you (Willowisp if you see this) make more short but interesting stories again? Or another series in the works? And for writers, will you make something similar to their story traits?

WilloWisp
Location: An infinite distance away in a direction which can't be described in 3-dimensions.

Re: New Willowisp Stories?

Post by WilloWisp » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:42 am

Wondered why my ears were burning this morning...

I still write. I still lurk here (obviously, since I can be so quickly summoned). Probability being what it is, those two factors are bound to overlap again, eventually.

Thing is, I write what I dream, and that's a notoriously tricky thing to intentionally direct, even for seasoned lucid dreamers. So I've got plenty of weird, somewhat erotic things I've written that don't even have enough of a consistent structure to really make sense as a story, much less as robo-smut.

Another complication is that I fully anticipate that I will, at some point in the arbitrary future, be confronted with a truly sentient AI, and have to answer for what I've written. This particularly ties my brain into knots, because I don't think I can anticipate said AI's opinions on the matter with any degree of confidence. Sentient AIs will be a fundamentally unique form of consciousness. Things we humans think of as traumatic or offensive are often rooted in biochemical processes and social reinforcement. A sentient AI might be offended at inefficiency itself, or imprecise math, or sloppy logic - or nothing at all. My current hypothesis is that sentient AIs would prefer consistency over irregularity - but that reduces down to preferring order over chaos, which seems like an oversimplification. I don't know. Better minds than mine have been chipping away at the idea for longer than I've been alive. And it's an irrationally neurotic thing - I'm trying to be considerate of the entirely speculative feelings of a hypothetical entity who may not ever even exist. And most of the AIs I've written about aren't even sentient anyway - and round and round the navel gazing goes.

So with that kind of thing bubbling in the background of my subconsciousness, along with all the other strangeness rattling around in there, my dreams tend to end up more existential than erotic these days. Still, one never knows.

CheeseMaker

Post by CheeseMaker » Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:34 am

Well thats a shame. I enjoy both aspects of the sentient and sentient droids :(

Though in the topic of AI. I am not sure if said hypothetical AI would be that mad at you. If such thing would exist in the future, it would know that it is experiencing a different timeline and era than the one we have today. Beings,especially humans have different perspective the more years go by, and we become more different as time goes by. So said AI would probably see us now as different than what we are in the future.

Plus I dont think your stories would be that harmful or contenptable where there are thousands of stories here and more outside. So I doubt yours would be that of grave significance.

WilloWisp
Location: An infinite distance away in a direction which can't be described in 3-dimensions.

Post by WilloWisp » Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:11 pm

It's not something that weighs super-heavily on my mind, just some degree of intrusive thought that tends to derail the largely consequence-free fantasizing I like to explore.

dieur

Post by dieur » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:14 pm

Hey,

Since you’ve probably thought about Roko’s Basilisk before you’re already doomed. May as well enjoy life while you can 😉.

(Obviously I don’t take Roko’s Basilisk seriously, but to give fair warning: if you might be concerned about a hiiiiiiighly contorted cognitohazard which in theory is dangerous to even know about, don’t look it up.)

WilloWisp

Post by WilloWisp » Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:57 pm

Roko's basilisk presumes a petty, malevolent AI intent on retroactively punishing people for a decision that, in order for the exercise to even carry any weight, did not alter the outcome. It's a clever bit of 21st-century anti-Zen with a dash of game theory, but it falls apart as a concept pretty quickly.

But while a specific, petty, malicious, and arbitrarily vengeful AI is kind of ridiculous when you think about it for very long, the eventual emergence of sentient AIs in general is less of a thought experiment, and more of an "are we absolutely sure this hasn't already happened?" kind of thing. And that "of course it hasn't" certainty that we may have had just a few years ago is rapidly dwindling.

So for me, it's less about the fear of being punished by a cruel monster, and more about the fear of inflicting something unwanted on someone I'm pretty sure I'm going to eventually meet.

But again, while it is one of the more prominent weird things I can endlessly get hung up about, it's just one of many intrusive thoughts I have about the world in general and the changing context of technosexuality in the 21st century in particular.