The Handler - Chapter Five

Share your fembot fiction and fantasies here or discuss the craft of writing by asking for or giving suggestions.
botfriend2000
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

The Handler - Chapter Five

Post by botfriend2000 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:30 am

This one may be a little shorter in length. But it’s building pretty well. I hope you all enjoy this. :notworthy:

Chapter Five

I had slowed down my pace as I entered the home through the French double doors into the dining & kitchen area. I took a quick glance to see who all was around. Sabrina was in the Kitchen, bent over the island and talking to a couple of young guys, obviously giving them a good view of her assets. She hadn’t noticed my entering.
A few others were deep in conversation standing around the dining room table. I recognized two of them from Katelyn’s previous parties.

I quickly navigated my way through her home and to the stairs, just off the living room area. Another couple was seated on the loveseat along the far wall kissing passionately. I recognized the male as another Cy-Gen companion model. The woman had her hand resting directly over his groin.

As I took the stairs, two at a time, making my way to her bedroom, my phone chimed again, another alert from Katelyn. I pulled it out again pausing halfway up. ‘Emergency shutdown successful, Restart with Safety Boot Up Initiated’

I took a second to process the information. Katelyn’s systems were restarting, that was good right? “Ok, that’s good.” I softly said aloud to myself. My emotions were all over the place, I couldn’t decide if I was fearful, angered or just annoyed at the fact that something had happened to Katelyn.

Upon reaching the top of the stairs, and peering over the bannister I saw Faith and Josh hurriedly rushing through the dining room. I didn’t know if I’d need one, both or neither of them, but better to have them with me nonetheless.

I turned to the right and headed down the hall. The second floor consisted of the master bedroom and en-suite, two smaller bedrooms and a separate guest bathroom. Katelyn’s master bedroom was at the end of the hall with the door closed. I reached for the doorknob and went to turn it. Locked. I leached up and felt over the top of the door frame for the pin key and found it on the far left.

I inserted the pin key into the knob and pushed, hearing the lock clear.
“Tim! What is the emergency?” Josh said louder than I thought necessary.

I turned to look at the two of them as they approached, still holding the door knob.

“I got an emergency shutdown notification from Katelyn, along with multiple errors and warnings. Somethings happened to her.” I said, watching for a reaction from Josh. He didn’t disappoint.

“Oh shit!” Was all he could say. Faith's reaction was a bit more subdued as I knew it would be. A look of concern crossed her face. Knowing who and what she was, I figured she’d be in a more serious frame of mind going into an unknown potential emergency.

Faith reached up and placed a hand on my shoulder. “It’ll be ok Tim, go ahead and open the door. Let’s all get inside before we draw a crowd.”

I nodded, then turned back around, opened the door, and stopped. Katelyn was just barely inside the room. I motioned for Josh and Faith to enter and then followed behind them. I closed the door, locking it again for our privacy.

Josh and Faith had moved past her to the foot of the bed and were now facing her. I just stared and looked her over from head to foot. Standing there like a statue. Her arms at her sides, her hair slightly disheveled, staring into nothingness, still wearing her blue dress and heels, nothing seemed out of place physically.

Cautiously I moved to her side and gently grabbed her arm. There was no reaction from her. I noticed that Josh had pulled out his cell and was attempting a link to Katelyn’s systems. Faith stood patiently by his side. I pulled out my cell and began to do the same, gaining access to her system wirelessly, then following along with Katelyn’s boot up process.

“Holy Fuck Tim! I think you broke her.” Josh exclaimed not looking up from his cell.

“Josh! Tim’s been outside with the rest of us. This isn’t his fault.” Faith exclaimed in her southern drawl.

I looked over to Josh. “What’re you saying? What did you find?”

Josh looked up at me, then thrust his cell in my direction so I could see the screen. “5,483 warnings and errors! How did you not see some of these? Wasn’t your scheduled session with her yesterday or today? You have seen her recently right?!” Shooting me multiple questions and staring me down.

I clenched my teeth, then took a deep breath. “Earlier today actually. And no, she had nothing out of the ordinary to report other than a moderate spike in her processor usage. Nothing! Nada! I did a thorough once over of her A.I. and primary systems. She came back clean I swear!”

“Tim’s not lying Josh.” Faith said, giving me a small smile.

Josh just shook his head in disbelief. “Then how? It just doesn’t make any sense.”

“Safety reboot completed. No errors detected. Reinitializing personality and character emulation programs.” Katelyn announced in a monotone voice.

I turned back to face her, Josh took a step forward while closely watching his cell. Faith stood by naturally, observing the whole exchange.

Katelyn blinked twice, then her autonomous systems engaged. “Resuming all autonomous functions.”
She took a breath, turned her head to face me and softly smiled.

“Hello everyone, I’m ok. Really I am.” She said in a more natural tone, as she reached out, placing a hand against my upper arm. “I’m sorry for any worry I may have caused you.”

“Katelyn! What the hell happened?” Josh blurted.
“Are you sure, what caused your shutdown?” Faith asked.
“Don’t try to pacify us, what happened?” I attempted to ask, but my frustration came through in the tone of it.
All three of us asking in unison simultaneously.

Katelyn looked at each of us, her posture relaxing some, then she adjusted her dress. I could see that she was somewhat hesitant.

“Keeping it simple, I was running too many background scenarios, so many in fact I couldn’t keep them from blending together and affecting my physical systems. I initiated an emergency shutdown procedure and a reboot to avoid a core critical failure and compromise.”

I looked over at Josh, then back to Katelyn. There was a long silence between all of us.
Faith finally spoke up and asked the question I believe we all were thinking.

“Why? And what type of scenarios specifically?”

Katelyn looked down at the floor, took a deep breath then looked back up at the three of us. She smiled and appeared more confident.

“Look, there’s a party going on downstairs and outside. I’m supposed to be the host, and right night now I’m in here playing twenty questions with you.” She turned to face me directly.
“Tim, will you stay by my side for the remainder of the evening? You’re the best person to keep an eye on me.

“Absolutely.” I answered with no hesitancy.

“Josh and Faith, I’m deeply touched and humbled by your concern for my well being, but for now, can you help me with the remainder of the festivities? Let’s entertain our friends and guests and I promise to answer all your questions later if you’ll permit. We can end the party early.”

Katelyn searched their faces next.

“But you’ve just experienced…”

“No ‘buts’ right now Josh, please. I know you want to know what I did and how I recovered from it.” She said cutting him off.

“Faith?” She turned to her with a slight nod of her head.

“Josh, I think I can answer most of your questions. Let’s go.” Taking his hand in hers and heading towards the door.

I looked between all of them trying to understand what Faith had meant. When it finally dawned on me, Katelyn had answered her, wirelessly. Or at least had given her enough information as to what had happened to help alleviate some of Josh’s questions.

What also was surprising to me was how Faith could go from so bubbly cheerful to dead serious. The personality programming of these sophisticated androids sometimes left me in awe of just how human-like they could be.

As those two left the room Katelyn walked up to me and wrapped me in a tight embrace. “I was afraid, really afraid that I may have done some irreparable damage to myself, another fraction of a second and I wouldn’t have been able to activate my shut down.” She whispered.

I returned her embrace, holding her firmly. I smelled her perfume as she nestled her head against my shoulder, the heat of her artificial breath against my neck. The softness of her body. She felt so real, she was so real to me, so...human in this moment. I had suddenly realized that Katelyn was more than my job, more than an assignment, she was a part of my life. Our conversations, everything we’ve done together, all tied together.

“I’m so sorry about this afternoon, our argument, my rejection of your advances this afternoon, my disagreements, all of them. Our relationship means so much to me and I’ve been a fool. I hope I wasn’t the reason for all of this. We’ll find out the cause and a way to prevent it from happening again.” I softly said.

She gave me a quick squeeze and sighed. “I’ve long forgiven you Tim. I’ll explain in detail what I meant by multiple scenarios I promise, but we’d better get going, be visible, socialize, have fun and finish this evening strong.” Then she pulled away, gently brushing the back of her right hand along my cheek while staring into my eyes.

Bilbo1

Re: The Handler - Chapter Five

Post by Bilbo1 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:10 am

It is shorter, but it is building that's for sure.

Looking forward to chapter 6, hopefully Tim finally gets to enjoy the pleasures of his 'work'........... :applause: :applause:

frou

Re: The Handler - Chapter Five

Post by frou » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:45 am

A great one, looking forward to read new chapter!