Star Trek Picard

Share or request information and reviews on various forms of fembot media.
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)
Spaz
Fembot Central Staff
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

Re: Star Trek Picard

Post by Spaz » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:56 pm

It seems she may be more like the Skinjobs from BSG than like Data, I'm afraid...
Check out my stories: https://www.fembotwiki.com/index.php?title=User:Spaz

Current story status: The Small Business Chronicles: Season Two | The Doctor is in - The Clinic (In progress...)

gyn2010

Post by gyn2010 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:53 am

Welp. Hearing words "blood and flesh" killed all the joy and excitement for me. But I still hope for some coll stuff...

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff

Post by Spaz » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:29 pm

After having slept after seeing that episode last night, I'm starting to wonder if Dahj is even actually dead. Those people that were attacking her were beaming in and out throughout the whole battle, so I wouldn't be surprised if they end up revealing later on in the season that she got beamed out at the last second before the weapon exploded.

After all, I find it highly suspicious that an explosion like that went off at Starfleet headquarters and there was no evidence of a deceased body found.

And who knows, maybe these female Androids do have some sort of mechanical components... I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Current story status: The Small Business Chronicles: Season Two | The Doctor is in - The Clinic (In progress...)

Toastdroid
Technosexuality: Built

Post by Toastdroid » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:04 pm

I'm kinda fine with them being biological to be honest, I think it'd distract me from the actual show a little if they were mechanical.

First ep was promising and I'd like to see where it goes. Seeing TNG era stuff get a new lick of shiny paint is nice to see.

Palindrome
Technosexuality: Built

Post by Palindrome » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:43 am

Lal was mechanical, and she failed. Makes sense that the key to cracking of replicating Data was to go biological. Dug the show, curious to see where it takes us, and I'm sad, but of the opinion that Dahj is for real dead. Her journey was rough, but her sister likely has even worse things in store for her that she has no clue about.

tectile

Post by tectile » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:21 pm

I think Toastdroid and Palindrome have it right.
There isn't likely going to be much for those of us who like there bots built instead of grown.
I did enjoy the pilot and think the show has potential. I would hope the creators focus more on story than flash bang effects and fancy visuals but that's just me being old and cranky :)

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff

Post by Spaz » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:20 pm

Perhaps you are right....but, it would be nice to maybe see some more mechanical prototypes if they come across Bruce Maddox's lab.

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff

Post by Spaz » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:00 pm

End of season analysis...they are all skinjobs, like the Cylons from Battlestar Galactica (reimagined). No apparent mechanical properties. While the entire season revolved around finding the Synth colony, they all ended up being organic, albeit with gold colored skin and eyes, and now that storyline is completed, who knows what to expect from Season 2.