Book: Annie Bot

Share or request information and reviews on various forms of fembot media.
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)
33cl33
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Book: Annie Bot

Post by 33cl33 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:07 pm

Coming March 19:
https://www.harpercollins.com/products/ ... 9550855202

Synopsis:
"Annie Bot was created to be the perfect girlfriend for her human owner Doug. Designed to satisfy his emotional and physical needs, she has dinner ready for him every night, wears the pert outfits he orders for her, and adjusts her libido to suit his moods. True, she’s not the greatest at keeping Doug’s place spotless, but she’s trying to please him. She’s trying hard.

She’s learning, too.

Doug says he loves that Annie’s AI makes her seem more like a real woman, so Annie explores human traits such as curiosity, secrecy, and longing. But becoming more human also means becoming less perfect, and as Annie’s relationship with Doug grows more intricate and difficult, she starts to wonder: Does Doug really desire what he says he wants? And in such an impossible paradox, what does Annie owe herself?"

A promising review:
https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... new-novel/
SynthSuite audio clips, etc: https://linktr.ee/synthsuite

Motto-motto

Re: Book: Annie Bot

Post by Motto-motto » Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:56 pm

Interesting

TheShoveller
Fembot Central Staff

Post by TheShoveller » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:59 am

Deleted several posts related to infighting. I know not everyone has the same thoughts and opinions on content, but there's no reason to flame others and to retaliate back and forth. Keep it on topic, and if you're going to pass, you don't have to go in-depth as to why, likewise if someone does go in-depth and you disagree, don't attack them over it.

We're all adults here, let's act like it.

33cl33

Post by 33cl33 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:26 am

Read it pretty quickly. Hot as hell in a lot of scenes, and quite good all around. A story I wouldn't be surprised to find here in the forums.

Definitely recommended!
SynthSuite audio clips, etc: https://linktr.ee/synthsuite

DZiegler

Post by DZiegler » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:24 am

I’ll second 33cl33’s sentiment. Very hot in many aspects and written well with an engaging concept.

Certainly worth the read and picking up a hard/virtual copy to support an author who’s creating thoughtful literature directly/indirectly related to our little niche here on the internet!
Cheers!

Condor621

Post by Condor621 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:16 pm

The author of that story has DEFINITELY lurked around these parts...

apok
Technosexuality: Transformation
Identification: Cyborg

Post by apok » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:07 am

Just finished the audiobook.

Overall, solid first-person (bot) POV content. It captures the way I imagine a fembot programmed to please her owner would prioritize decisions, and how she would also be naïve about the way humans can be.

The hot scenes were interspersed within a meandering plot that had me wanting to launch Doug and Roland into the Sun. There are some apparent subplots that end up going nowhere, which kept me guessing which direction this book was going. The ending was a pretty good payoff, though.

There's DEFINITELY a strong allegory for human domestic abuse going on in this novel. For many readers, I imagine it could be off-putting.

BA2

Post by BA2 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:41 am

Bought this having followed the link above (thanks 33cl33!)

I really enjoyed it. It’s well written with a well thought out premise for companion robots, how they fit into society, how are supported, etc. Yes, it does explore aspects of coercive control which can be taken as an allegory for human relationships but the author balances this theme intelligently and doesn’t let it overwhelm the book even while it becomes the main plot driver. I think this paints a believable human / bot relationship where ownership and programmed obedience come into conflict with a developing human-like artificial personality.

References to neck seams and the routine servicing visits do suggest some familiarity with this forum and the Wiki… perhaps the author’s research brought here through here?

Recommended!