AI no Idenshi

A forum dedicated to reporting and discussing Anime and Manga style media
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)
kaiteng
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

AI no Idenshi

Post by kaiteng » Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:48 am

AI no Idenshi manga gets anime adaptation and it will be on Summer 2023 season, animated by an acclaimed studio Madhouse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daiB8_tA2-s

andoroido

Re: AI no Idenshi

Post by andoroido » Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:36 am

Just watched (skimmed) the first 4 episodes now available on Amazon Prime in Japan, no English subtitles available here, but I get the lingo. Not sure how it is outside Japan.

So far, a big letdown. The only explicit gynoid content is a few shots of the gynoid shown in images and previews with the exposed brain case hooked up to a diagnostic. If you've seen that screencap, you've seen the best so far. Don't bother seeking it out on the high seas.

She is a gynoid who caught a virus due to having her brain illegally copied (for fear that a recent accident might have damaged her brain and need a backup). AI people basically behave as fully independent humans, can get married to other AI, I think maybe to humans too. Here, the AI gynoid is married to an AI android who have adopted a human child.
Brain backups are illegal, for the usual reasons we see with dupes and clones.
Her only symptom shown was a bit of a shaky hand trying to open a jar. Later examination shows she will "die" in about a month. So the open skull exam.

Other slight content is the main male character is some sort of AI gynoid "doctor"/researcher who seems to run a medical clinic for AI people (but seems to have much higher level skills and lab access), and one of his gynoid customers wants to maybe get her (nice) boobs redone. He is "caught" examining her bare boobs with his hands by his gynoid nurse who has a crush on him.(His hands are covering the boobs so it's still PG-rated) If you didn't know this was a show about AI, it would look just like any silly anime comedy scene. Though some interesting talk from the gynoid with the nice boobs about how she got them done to get more attention from men, and it worked. And she seems in later scenes to be some sort of agent for some sort of AI rights secret organization. Background TV news is constantly talking of an AI rights committee meeting in Switzerland. Sign me up!

Of interest in all such fiction is how the androids/gynoids are physically differentiated from real humans to avoid confusion. In this case, the androids/gynoids have oval-shaped pupils, as opposed to humans' circular pupils. (Thus the pupils kind of same as a goat..which could lead to a lot of conspiracy theories!) It is noted in the narrative that 10% of Japan is now AI, and some people have never noticed that a person, such as a shop clerk, is an AI, because they never got close enough or cared enough to check the eyes. (Though as social animals, humans are especially sensitive to looking at others' eyes..so hard to believe that is it. I might have lost something in translation) When they find out, they don't really care. So, AIs seem to act completely human. I didn't notice any explicit "Serve humans without question" or Asimov's 3 Laws so far. The AI couple is knowingly breaking the law to copy the wife's brain in some sort of grey market deal with the doctor.

After Ep 1 I just started skimming. I think Ep 3 was mainly about a human girl and male android relationship, where he is basically an older model, very "perfect" Stepford Boyfriend so I just skimmed even faster.

Overall, so far, not even 1 out of 5 stars for ASFR content, but this is based on an established manga, so maybe there will be future episodes and possible ASFR content?

As for just the Ai social issues content, this is starting pretty "realistic" and interesting, so I'll keep watching for that aspect, even if no ASFR content happens. AI people who basically act just like people with no Asimov laws (which seems more realistic, how could Asimov laws actually be hard-wired into an AI, where AI is fundamentally based on "We just let it go to create a neural network based on training sets, but don't really know how it actually works") Ai will just be governed by social norms and the legal system like any human (though maybe they can be better at dodging legalities?)

EDIT. I previously said the difference was the AI had oval irises, actually it is oval pupils. My English brain fart.
Last edited by andoroido on Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:49 am, edited 3 times in total.

tdlsn

Post by tdlsn » Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:42 am

I appreciate the review. :)

andoroido

Post by andoroido » Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:46 pm

Update:

Have seen up to Episode 12.

Nothing new to report. Interesting as SF about an AI society, but almost nothing for ASFR, except a couple more cases of AI/gynoids jacked into the diagnostic machine via ports in the back of their head, except even less reveal than the original one in the previews.
Still no English subtitles either, but maybe there are fansubs?

Don't bother doing VPN or the high seas.
Last edited by andoroido on Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

sadcat

Post by sadcat » Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:02 pm

Shame. Thanks for spending giving us a heads up!