Came across a new indie game.

A forum dedicated to reporting and discussing Anime and Manga style media
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)
dementedLuke

Came across a new indie game.

Post by dementedLuke » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:00 am

Happened over it on steam on the store page. I think it looks rather good.

I`ll be buying it now then !

https://youtu.be/C0BaFBmbHLA
Nothing to see here move along!

TheShoveller
Fembot Central Staff
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Re: Came across a new indie game.

Post by TheShoveller » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:33 pm

Bought, played, and finished this game the day it came out. Quick review:

Not bad for an indie game. Fairly short - devs weren't kidding when they said around six hours total, start-to-finish. Good graphics, movement feels a bit floaty (you seem to slide when you should have stopped, but not like it's momentum carrying you, and not all the time - only at certain points on slopes and the like.) Puzzles are one of two kinds - "real world puzzles," which usually aren't hard to figure out because there's detailed instructions almost every step of the way - and "simulation puzzles," where you do some odd "3D Breakout" type stuff and basically launch bricks into a funnel blowing upwards without falling into water. Plot's definitely fairly sturdy, until the end - it seems like they quickly go "Oh, shit, we're running out of time - just wrap the whole thing up, who cares how it happens, just do it."

Now, onto the stuff that we, as a community would care about:

-Robot is visible from the onset of the game in your yurt.
-You can take off her chestplate, headcover (just one portion of her scalp to expose her "brain,") and at one point each, her "eyes" and her "back."
-There are a few activation / deactivation scenes. You can also permanently lose the game (the only way to permanently hit a "game over" that I saw) if you pretty much ignore the giant warning signs that will lead you to a game over screen. However, this is the only way to see a big "malfunction" in the game.
-Towards the end, there is a bit of a disassembly scene. Won't go more into it for spoilers, though.
-One (potentially) disappointing thing you find out fairly quick - she's not an android, but a cyborg. That said, her "organic parts" are probably a few droplets of blood or something, or maybe a few brain cells in her neurochip - so nothing gross or disgusting. You could easily ignore the fact she's a cyborg and keep thinking she's a robot, though, if you wanted.
-Checkpoints are broken down by puzzle, meaning it's easy to get back to any part you want to play (this includes stuff like that "permanent game over" thing I mentioned - you "break" her for good, you load up the checkpoint and basically run back to the yurt again to pick up where you left off.)

--NightBattery--

Post by --NightBattery-- » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:12 pm

how bout some screenshoots?

darkbutflashy
Technosexuality: Transformation

Post by darkbutflashy » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:42 pm

TheShoveller wrote: -One (potentially) disappointing thing you find out fairly quick - she's not an android, but a cyborg. That said, her "organic parts" are probably a few droplets of blood or something, or maybe a few brain cells in her neurochip - so nothing gross or disgusting. You could easily ignore the fact she's a cyborg and keep thinking she's a robot, though, if you wanted.
That's actually a big plus for the cyborg, transformation fans here.
Do you like or dislike my ongoing story Battlemachine Ayako? Leave a comment on the story's discussion pages on the wiki or in that thread. Thank you!

TheShoveller
Fembot Central Staff

Post by TheShoveller » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:30 am

I'll try to get some screenshots and such this weekend or so, maybe even a movie or two of the various activation / deactivation scenes and the like. They won't be 1080p, though, since it's a PITA to play a mouse and keyboard game on my TV, and my monitor only goes up to 1680 x 1050.

TheShoveller
Fembot Central Staff

Post by TheShoveller » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:27 pm

Ok, got most of the scenes recorded - I'll warn you guys right now, there are some pretty big spoilers in the conversations that follow the "puzzle" aspect of swapping out parts or whatever. Didn't get the last few yet, probably will nab those tomorrow or something.

They should be labelled in order with what they have in them, with the exception being the "game over" breaking of Ida, which was marked as 0. They're being uploaded to the FTP right now. If you like them, and you have a PC that can run the game, I'd say at least consider tossing the developer a few bucks to pick it up when it's on a Steam sale at the very least.

When I get the last two clips or so, I'll upload them to the FTP as well. They get pretty big, so if someone else wants to compress them and reupload them so they take up less room, more power to you.