Comic Find

A forum dedicated to reporting and discussing Anime and Manga style media
(Please use the search option before requesting a review as it may have been covered in the past)
Greg

Comic Find

Post by Greg » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:07 pm

I don't know if it was posted before. It's a Webcomic and still running:

http://datachasers.thecomicseries.com

Enjoy,
Greg

Sthurmovik
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Android

Re: Comic Find

Post by Sthurmovik » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:07 pm

Is the entire plot centered around un-kidnapping that one girl from the beginning?

Otaru Mamiya
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Post by Otaru Mamiya » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:15 am

So far, yeah. I'm still going through the archives (about 1000 comics in), and there are a lot of subplots going around that rescue. The real appeal is probably the setting and the interactions that humans have with city-sized AIs and androids that are more intelligent and more prevalent then they are. My favorite so far has been the human-hating Search & Rescue bot and her human-dating partner.

The artwork has improved a bit as the comic has gone on. It won't win any awards for best 3D modelling, but it's a lot better than the late-1990s CGI from the beginning. If you can keep up with what you're seeing, its worth keeping track of this one. I'll probably keep it on my bookmarks list after I've caught up to their current comics.
"Don't sweat the petty things... don't pet the sweaty things..."

Sthurmovik
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Android

Post by Sthurmovik » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:57 am

It is a constant irritation how everything that could have a great story involving synthetic lifeforms has to be fatally compromised in some way. While this comic has lots of things going for it including reasonable CG and a well thought out science behind things, it manages to check off almost all my pet peves including Earth being fucked up, strong dystopian elements, bots with significant organic components (aka fleshbots) and human induced curbs on synthetic development. I just bought the Steel Beneath the Skin and it was the exact same problems only its story isn't some 7-year long damsel in distress art. There's a sweet spot for peril and 7 years and 1000+ comics is way overboard.

Yarg...maybe I can speed read it for the bot stuff :-(