Condors Corner Vimeo Site

News about content for sale and subscription sites.
Condor621
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Re: Condors Corner Vimeo Site

Post by Condor621 » Wed May 08, 2024 11:11 am

Well, I hope someone else is trying out this type of content creation. I figured this type of content (vids and voices along with Manips) would be a bigger hit than it was. My miscalculation. Sorry to anyone I apparently annoyed by trying to get an audience, a reaction, feedback... ANYTHNG here. Fuck the money, I just tried to make something new, different, and maybe kinda cool for US... but it seems people are happier with what's already out there or purchasing from Clips4 Sale. All good.

Sorry to anyone I upset, and I'll try to keep the site online as long as I can for the very few that subbed, but... I'm done. Spending what's left of the credits I already purchased and then... that's it for this genre. I'll be moving on to other content types now.

Thank you.

Condor, Out.

Anderson88

Post by Anderson88 » Fri May 10, 2024 2:38 am

Hi Condor! Sorry if the audience you wanted out of this site isn't gravitating to your work. I'm personally a big fan of your work, but the unfortunate side of art is its intersection with commerce, and the bleeding edge of tech cuts the user as much as it blazes a trail.

Without going into details, I've worked on projects where millions have been spent to make beautiful visuals. A recent project of mine spent ***$180 million***, filmed in multiple countries, took almost two years to produce, and yet the audience wasn't there to justify another season. We aired in fall and got cancelled in the summer.

Sometimes, the audience doesn't show up, despite all your work put into it. And it sucks, but that ultimate conclusion shouldn't take away from the fact that you created something wonderful that appealed to someone immensely (if not everyone else). A gathered crowd should not equate to an accomplished art.

I'm not going to say that you should keep making something that used to excite you yesterday, and now bums you out today. But I will say that your work was an investment that paid off to me and the rest of your subscribers, however few we may be. If the economics for making this type of content isn't working, definitely put a stop for now and reassess. At least in film / TV, stuff that doesn't work doesn't get another sequel / season if the economics don't work.

Hope all of this helps. I can't speak for the whole forum, but from me, I know your stuff rocks.

Anderson88

Post by Anderson88 » Fri May 10, 2024 2:53 am

Gonna throw in one more thing. Pulled from Wikipedia, know that over a hundred years ago, "during his lifetime, only one of Van Gogh's paintings, The Red Vineyard, was sold."

Van Gogh died without an audience, but what he made at the end of the day was still art.

I hope you keep creating. If the tools you're using are expensive, wait until they get cheaper, or find other ways to create. You're making whole worlds and stories out of nothing, and that's crazy expensive without AI. If your output has to slow to one thing realized every other month, so be it, but please keep at it.

BA2

Post by BA2 » Fri May 10, 2024 4:09 am

Hi Condor,

I’m sorry you’ve been disillusioned by your experience. Your content is new, original and a brilliant addition to the genre, I will miss you if you go. I’ve browsed your site but not signed up yet, it is excellent value and I fully intend to, I’ve been waiting for when I have the time to properly explore the content as I know I’ll binge videos for hours when I do.

This interest is very niche, though growing slowly, only has a small dedicated audience and many people prefer to keep their interest very private. It would be great to see a commercial breakthrough that is ‘on message’ but I’m not holding my breath. For me, I stick to creating for my own satisfaction and share it in the belief that others enjoy my stuff even if many choose not to engage. You have your own rich and unique vision of robotic women which I find very watchable, I’m sure many others do too, but if engagement is important to you then broadening your content to a wider field is probably the way to go. Perhaps you could expand on the fembot content rather than discarding it and moving on?

Whatever you decide to do I’m glad to have seen what you’ve produced and hope you find a rewarding way forward.

FaceoffFembot

Post by FaceoffFembot » Fri May 10, 2024 1:18 pm

Condor,

It's been less than one full year since you've started producing content, barely one month since you've opened your website, and you're already throwing the towel out of financial reasons and frustration?

It's honestly a fool's errand to make any sort of financial bet on this fetish, even if simply to cover expenses. There's zero money to be made here - hell, negative money to be made. Fembot fetishism is simultaneously absurdly niche and extremely competitive. Renting server time and model licensing from ElevenLabs and over generative services at semi-professional rates was never going to pay itself off, especially since the tech is build out of inefficient results that require extensive re-rolls. Clips4sale models can afford to produce (thrifty) content because they run tight ships, already cover expenses before videos are publicly released thanks to custom rates, and cater to a wide range of fetishes and interests.

What you're doing is like if when I started doing photo manipulations in 2009, I immediately shelled out for a top-tier Photoshop license, subscribed to all the stock photos subscription services I could, and expected to see this forum populated by barely 20 people immediately line up to sing my praise and give me a return on investment. 15 years on I do get the occasional PM (thank you all), but it's going to be a cold day in hell before this can even subsidize my soft drink consumption.

So now that you're up against a wall, you can do two things. You can sulk that getting your hand held by generative services is too expensive and that everyone is spoiled rotten. Or you can grit your teeth, figure how to do things cheap and dirty, get your ideas out no matter what, start to enjoy the process and do things for your own self.

Regards.

dubhdanaidh

Post by dubhdanaidh » Fri May 10, 2024 1:48 pm

Sorry to hear that Condor. This fetish can be brutal. It's hard to make money, and given the diversity, it is impossible to make everyone happy. Feedback can be equally hard to get, for a whole host of reasons.

href

Post by href » Sat May 11, 2024 2:38 am

Wise words from those above.

It does seem a truth, as has been said, that whenever someone strays from creating and sharing content for anything more than there own personal pleasure, for feedback or financial return, that the path inevitably leads to disappointment for them.

The examples are many and there will be many more. Those who create for themselves and share into silence without needing a comment, like or view, create over decades rather than days.

That this is a largely silent forum, filled with mostly shadows, is the very essence of FC. Here, silence is confirmation, which is probably telling us something fundamental about the fetish and, more likely, ourselves.
All of which is as much a self reflection as it is for this thread. In the theme.

Anyway. Farewell Condor. It was a glorious journey on an always short road.
It needs not be an end. But certainly a rest.

Kano

Post by Kano » Sat May 11, 2024 2:44 pm

Personally whatever I contribute here is done for about 85% for myself and 15% for you guys. I've known for a while that feedback isn't always big here, so if I don't get anything back it's not a huge deal because I'm mainly doing it for my own enjoyment! Writing to me is one of my talents and it's very easy- I can literally write a story with my eyes closed. So it doesn't seem very much like work to me or time wasted if no one says anything. I like it and it's fun. If anyone else likes it- even better, that's great!!! The crazy thing is, as small as this genre is, we are broken up into even smaller subgroups among ourselves! There are probably 5 or less people here that really align to what I like about fembots the most! And I also only like maybe 2 or 3 robot content creators- it's because they fit my specific tastes! We are all very discriminating and selective when it comes down to fembots! So I make my content based on what I like- not what I think other people will like because then it isn't fun anymore and I'll begin to worry too much if they'll like it because it's impossible to please everyone here. If I try to cater to other people's taste and no one likes it- then I'd be upset. My advice is to do it for yourself- for fun- don't take it too seriously or expect much of anything out of it from other people. You'll be a lot happier!

eyebore

Post by eyebore » Sat May 11, 2024 4:46 pm

Hey, As one of your 14 Subscribers, I thought I'd let you know that I do Appreciate the time, talent and effort that goes into your productions. My job keeps me on the road, so I generally check in about once or twice a month if I'm lucky. By the time I read a thread, everybody's usually moved onto the next topic. Might be fun to collaborate some projects once things calm down at work. My Photoshop and After Effects skills are a bit rusty, but I think I could get up to par with a little practice. I'm working on several stories that I hope to upload in the not too distant future. Being stuck in hotel rooms generates the ideal level of boredom to inspire one to write.

I appreciate whatever you're able to create, the stories have been a fun distraction. I hop you can keep up the good work...

Take Care..........

Uncom

Post by Uncom » Mon May 13, 2024 1:45 pm

Damn, I wonder if this community will ever recover from AI Content Generator #8265 leaving the site

robotworld5
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by robotworld5 » Thu May 16, 2024 10:33 pm

Hi Condor -- I'd be willing to fund (at least in a larger part) your work if you'll continue. I really like the content you have on your site and would actually like to collaborate on some things. Please DM me if you'd be interested.

Anderson88

Post by Anderson88 » Fri May 17, 2024 6:29 am

robotworld5 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 10:33 pm Hi Condor -- I'd be willing to fund (at least in a larger part) your work if you'll continue. I really like the content you have on your site and would actually like to collaborate on some things. Please DM me if you'd be interested.
Same here! Happy to help fund at least another month of creation, DM me as well.

Really liked your most recent post “Factory Floor,” it was right up my alley (sad ending, hope Casey gets saved 😭)

jasonlavers1966

Post by jasonlavers1966 » Sat May 18, 2024 2:01 pm

Hi there
I just subscribed to the site and wow I love it. Great work and I hope it continues. I guess I am #15 who subscribed.

Cheers from Montreal
Jason