Best Fembot Film Ever!

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
bilbo
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Best Fembot Film Ever!

Post by bilbo » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:11 pm

Here's a little thread for you all. Which, in your own opinion, is the best film ever produced with a female android in it. Please also add the reason, maybe amount of screen time 'she' gets or the special effects used to create the illusion this actress is realy a machine or just maybe its because a certain actress/model is the fembot.
For a starter, one of mine is Nemisis - the amount of sexy female bots is good and the scene were one (the name escapes me) is cut in half by bullet fire and then drags herself across a room (loosing parts as she goes) before being destroyed.
Fembot fans, its over to you.......
Gromit is dead long live Bilbo

ISAF
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by ISAF » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:21 pm

my best movie is "cherry2000" this was one of the first movies i see with female robots!!!

only a good fembot will funktion with "LINUX" :D

Windupdolluver
Identification: Android

Post by Windupdolluver » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:30 pm

I'm kinda with Kishin on this one...Westworld really was the one for me as well, but I kinda have this soft spot in my heart for 'Heartbeeps' with Andy Kaufman (RIP) and Bernadette Peters. Even though the are considered as robotic units with their looks, but I just love how Bernadette answers Andy about her 'designation and function'. Also how she bats her eyes at him and you here that little click sound. And even in the end when she runs out of power how her speech pattern was done.

ISAF....I love Cherry 2000, but Pam Gidley wasn't in the movie enough for me. The malfunction scene in the kitchen rates a 10, and her laying on the repair shope table gets a 10, but after that it seems to go '95 South' to me after that.

So now I pass the mic to...

andoroido

Post by andoroido » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:32 pm

Cherry 2000 and Westworld follow the typical ASFR pattern. A 90 minute movie with maybe 2 minutes of ASFR scenes, though in those cases they were very good for 2 reasons, good SFX, and hot actresses.

My #1 is on the rare side, F.I.S.H. Figure Shade Dolls, the Japanese straight-to-video flick about a not-too-distant future where gynoids are halfway between Realdolls and Cherry 2000 in terms of ability, and they're all played by cute/sexy Japanese "idols" It reverses the typical ASFR pattern. It's a 90 minute movie, and there are maybe only 2 minutes in which a gynoid is NOT present, and all of them are frozen/deactivated/break down at some point, the only let down is no panels.

Rotwang

Post by Rotwang » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:30 pm

Should I even reply to this ???

galactus_jones

Post by galactus_jones » Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:03 pm

How does one get a copy of F.I.S.H.? I have been looking for a while, with no luck.

tectile

Post by tectile » Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:05 am

I got to go with Westworld too for all the reasons listed above.

"She is a sex model? She certainly is. "

A.N.N.

Post by A.N.N. » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:56 pm

My favorite is probably Cyborg 2. Cherry 2000 had the best scenes, but they were too short. Of course, you guys are right about giving credit to the old school films that first showed you the way.

F.I.S.H. sounds pretty interesting, is it available on the FTP or to buy?
A.N.N.

Doctor Robo

one vote for Metropolis

Post by Doctor Robo » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:10 pm

Rotwang wrote:Should I even reply to this ???
I have to agree with Rotwang. The original is still the best. The transformation scene alone makes it worthwhile for me.

Stephaniebot
Technosexuality: Transformation

Re: one vote for Metropolis

Post by Stephaniebot » Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:22 am

Doctor Robo wrote:
Rotwang wrote:Should I even reply to this ???
I have to agree with Rotwang. The original is still the best. The transformation scene alone makes it worthwhile for me.
And another vote as well.
I'm just a 'girl' who wants to become a fembot whats wrong with that?

visceralpsyche

Post by visceralpsyche » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:49 am

Why, "Eve" of course! ;)

Ok, so I am horribly, HORRIBLY biased (I directed it), but hey, that's why I made it in the first place :)

But seriously, my favourite fembot movie would have to be "Blade Runner". A masterpiece that I adore and that has influenced my own films already (I named my robot in "Birth" Rachel as an homage to the original).

I also love "Metropolis" for being the first visionary film to show the sensuality of robots. Here's a bit of trivia for you - the composer of the recent rescore of "Metropolis" composed the music for my version of "Birth". It was his version of "Metropolis" that made me sit up and take notice of him, and ask him if he would score my own film. "Birth" is not quite finished as I post this, with some special effects work still to do, but once it is released I'll be sure to post in this forum with more info. You can visit my website forum for a few bits of info and some screenshots though, if interested.

code_author

Post by code_author » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:02 am

As much as I like the old school stuff, the japanese market seems to 'get it'. my top two would be 'I Love Maria' and 'Robotrix'. Before that, "Cherry 2000" and "Nemesis" were my favorites.

I'm sure once we see Eve, that it will become an instant classic. It's not often we have a director that shares our interests.

Thanks for joining visceralpsyche :!:

visceralpsyche

Post by visceralpsyche » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:05 am

My pleasure.

Just to add another cool sub-category to my favourites, I want to note Björk's "All Is Full Of Love" music video.

tully

Post by tully » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:03 pm

Metroplis was my biggie, followed closely by the "I, Mudd" episode. That one was a powerful hit for me.

Cornelius

Post by Cornelius » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:51 pm

Paul, it's fantastic that you found us ... cool, someone from IMDB has actually stopped by!

Any chance of making Eve available beyond the film festival circuit? Also, you wouldn't happen to know Timothy Hines (director of Chrome)? :D

visceralpsyche

Post by visceralpsyche » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:15 am

So as not to hijack this thread, I have started one for "Eve" here.

Cornelius, I don't know Timothy Hines sorry. Also, I didn't exactly find you, I was tipped off after a sudden spate of DVD orders ;)

To move this thread back on track, some other favourites of mine are:

"Chobits" - HUGE inspiration for "Eve" (one episode in particular which I talk about on the DVD, but don't want to mention here for spoiler reasons).

"Ghost In The Shell" - not strictly about full gynoids but an amazing philosophical look at the idea of what makes a machine human (I have a big nod to Mamoru Oshii in my second film, "Birth", which you will recognise if you know GITS).

"A.I." - It took me a few viewings to fully appreciate the darkness in this film, but it does touch on some fantastic issues we will have to deal with when we inevitably build these machines.

WinterRose

Post by WinterRose » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:54 pm

No movie has hit me as a GOOD gynoid movie yet. There are moments in lots of movies that move me. But those are all too fleeting and ultimately frustrating. THe definitive gynoid movie has not been made yet.

droidlvr
Banned

Post by droidlvr » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:37 am

No movie has hit me as a GOOD gynoid movie yet. There are moments in lots of movies that move me. But those are all too fleeting and ultimately frustrating. THe definitive gynoid movie has not been made yet.
Ya know something? I'll have to agree to that one.

visceralpsyche

Post by visceralpsyche » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:03 am

WinterRose wrote:No movie has hit me as a GOOD gynoid movie yet. There are moments in lots of movies that move me. But those are all too fleeting and ultimately frustrating. THe definitive gynoid movie has not been made yet.
OK, since taste can vary wildly from person to person, can you define what would make THE seminal gynoid movie for YOU? Actually, this question could even merit a separate thread...

Doctor Robo

Post by Doctor Robo » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:21 pm

WinterRose wrote:No movie has hit me as a GOOD gynoid movie yet. There are moments in lots of movies that move me. But those are all too fleeting and ultimately frustrating. THe definitive gynoid movie has not been made yet.
You might be right, but that's not what the topic asked, is it?

ministrations

Post by ministrations » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:35 am

If we're talking about movies with ASFR content, then the winner -- pretty much the ONLY for me, in fact -- is Cyborg 2.

Cyborg 2 is not a good movie, but it has three things pretty much no other ASFR movie or TV show has:

1.) The robot lives;
2.) Consistency in the robot's programming. Cash does grow, but she doesn't turn an about-face. She was designed to be a spy, to seduce and to socialize, and when Mercy told her to find a human, she immediately put her programming to work with Colt. Then she was forced into her situation by Mercy (which makes sense to me; I don't envision her leaving the factory on her own). So, all in all, there's little to nothing in it that makes me say, "She couldn't do that."
3.) A fair bit of robotic action.

If we relax the rules a bit and allow movies that have no specific ASFR content, then Blade Runner stands as one of the best movies of its time. I'm waiting for the 2007 edition to see if Scott tones up some of the robot content.

gyn2010

Post by gyn2010 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:06 pm

I agree with You all about past movies. But I'm waiting for a future... "A.I." showed a great technical potential we have (and it was some years ago), to create opening panels, faces and more... We (or guys in Hollywood) are now able to make anything we desire and I think the recent actroid and other realistic robotic dolls appearances, will inspire the writers/producers... :) Why? Because movies are reflecting the real-world events and problems... It's worth the wait...