Shutdown behavior

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.

What should a fembot do when she's shut off?

Freeze
59%
Collapse/go limp
26%
Quietly "go to sleep"
15%
Something else (please specify)
No votes

Total votes: 27

jsteele
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Shutdown behavior

Post by jsteele » Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:39 pm

This popped into my head the other day, and just wanted opinions. Replies are welcome and encouraged

BA2

Re: Shutdown behavior

Post by BA2 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:56 pm

I voted freeze, I just love the blank expression or face frozen in surprise looking at where you were…

I do have some practical concerns though about a frozen bot falling over a bit easily so some sort of managed shutdown where they adopt a stable pose makes more sense. Maybe auto-balance functions stay online with a full power-down being a secondary step you’d only use when she’s seated or on a maintenance table?

My go-to compromise is deactivation by hard switch (which she’s programmed not to try to stop you using), remote control or verbal command. On being deactivated the bot’s higher programmed functions, like personality and autonomy, close immediately so her face freezes or goes blank. Her underlying operating system then automatically adopts a standby pose before freezing neatly and stably in place.

A fun variation is where her higher functions take a few seconds to close giving her a moment to start to speak before she’s cut off, maybe her voice muted then freezing or blanking… “…Hey, you can’t just turn me-“ or “…wait, no, don’t shut me-“ I’m not a big fan of the slowing down record voice but that’s just me I guess!

CheeseMaker

Re: Shutdown behavior

Post by CheeseMaker » Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:06 pm

I follow BA's sentiment and do enjoy the fembot having a blank/ frozen expression when their system is paused. However for me personally, I'm split between go limp and freeze.

For me, the frozen fembot show kinda gotten old for me as that what is usually done in shows and works. Kinda want variety yknow? Also my thought process is that frozen stiff androids can be a bit of a hassle to maintain as the different poses and positions may be impossible to get around. So I though making them whirr down and have their joints and limbs be somewhat flexible can do, thus go limp was my choice