Soooo.....this place is kinda dead, huh?

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
N6688
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Android

Soooo.....this place is kinda dead, huh?

Post by N6688 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:29 am

Let's just face it, creators are just using this place now to host stories mostly.
I mean, in the last couple of days several artists just only posted on the wiki with not even bothering to post it here as well.
I mean i get it, pretty much everyone is just putting it on FL, there is no real reason to put it here.
Too bad tough, seems like an end to an era.
"Robot wives have needs, too"
Goku, Dragonball fighterZ 2017

--NightBattery--

Re: Soooo.....this place is kinda dead, huh?

Post by --NightBattery-- » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:48 am

Everyone calls fembot central dead all the time but I wouldn't be surprised it outlives discord.
It certainly outlived skype and probably Facebook soon. Just as it did yahoo groups and ICQ.

I say, there is no point in pointing.
Fembot central is a very sturdy platform that I believe helps a lot to prevent technosexuality be a disorganized sporadic fetish that discord channels and social media will never replicate as those disband and become entrenched in very few themes all the time.

Fembot central forum has an accessory function to all the other related sites and media but overall it is a cornerstone for the robot fetish that remains there when everything else fails.

N6688
Identification: Android

Post by N6688 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:30 pm

--NightBattery-- wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:48 amI say, there is no point in pointing.
Fembot central is a very sturdy platform that I believe helps a lot to prevent technosexuality be a disorganized sporadic fetish that discord channels and social media will never replicate as those disband and become entrenched in very few themes all the time.
Sorry, i didn't mean't to say it in that way.
I wholeheartedly agree that this site will outlive the others.
I just found it a bit sad that FC is getting blindsided at the moment.
"Robot wives have needs, too"
Goku, Dragonball fighterZ 2017

Spaz
Fembot Central Staff
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Human

Post by Spaz » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:49 pm

It doesn't really help that PHPbb, which the forums run on, hasn't really changed much or brought new features to excite people. At least the wiki, which runs on MediaWiki, has received numerous updates over the years which have brought numerous QoL improvements.
Check out my stories: https://www.fembotwiki.com/index.php?title=User:Spaz

Current story status: The Small Business Chronicles: Season Two | The Doctor is in - The Clinic (In progress...)

Aaack
Technosexuality: None of your business

Post by Aaack » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:47 am

What's the problem to be mainly a hosting place for art pieces that apease to a specific niche?
I don't understand the original post, isn't it sufficient to have regular new content oriented to robots/fembots/gynoids etc?

Most probably I'm loosing something but I'm not sure what exactly.

Lithorien

Post by Lithorien » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:11 am

I mean, this forum should be around for a while as long as the associated Discord server has a "real ID" policy in place (unless that has changed, I haven't checked since damn near when it was opened). At least here we can be relatively anonymous if we choose to be; there we have to give up real names and personal information. So even if this place appears to be dead there'll be a place for anonymous types.

(Yes, I am aware this screen name on any given search links to my real name. "Anonymous types" is referring to those who do not put their personal information out like that.)

D.Olivaw

Post by D.Olivaw » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:17 pm

Different formats suit different purposes. Something like Discord is best for casual conversation, but it's also ephemeral - only a limited number of posts can be pinned and searching or scrolling back up through more than a few days content isn't easy. It's also awkward to comment on a topic if the conversation's moved on while you weren't around.

The Wiki is ideal for long-term content storage and organization but obviously isn't the place to discuss that content.

The forum format is in-between those extremes. That has good and bad aspects. Conversations, not just topics, are threaded, so you can read them and add your 2-cents days or weeks later. Long-format posts are also more natural, letting you lay out your thoughts and address a matter more substantively. I'm sure others can come up with more. However, if the vast majority of conversation is breezy and casual, which seems like it will be the case with most communities like this, then the forum ends up being less busy. This unfortunately tends to disincentivize any posting, even of the sort better-suited to the forum, because who wants to post things where they won't be seen and responded to? A partial solution to that might be for the thread-starter to post a link and brief description in the appropriate Discord channel instead of putting their wall-'o-text directly in the chat.

If no one is up to raising or discussing topics that need to be addressed like that, the forum will inevitably become a vestigial or fallback venue. The same will be true if people prefer to try to cram such discussion into the Discord chat because they think it's the only way it'll get eyeballs.

PS: Lithorien, the Fembot Labs Discord hasn't had a real-ID policy the few years I've been there. They may have when you checked, but it must have been before my time.
"Men, said the Devil,
are good to their brothers:
they don’t want to mend
their own ways, but each other's"
-Piet Hein

Lithorien

Post by Lithorien » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:44 pm

D.Olivaw wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:17 pmPS: Lithorien, the Fembot Labs Discord hasn't had a real-ID policy the few years I've been there. They may have when you checked, but it must have been before my time.
THANK THE GODS. I've been wanting to join for years now.

mister_minations

Post by mister_minations » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:11 am

N6688 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:29 am I mean, in the last couple of days several artists just only posted on the wiki with not even bothering to post it here as well.
I mean i get it, pretty much everyone is just putting it on FL, there is no real reason to put it here.
I don't know, I feel like it's fundamentally wrong for me to put any of my photo manipulations on the message boards. I always saw the forums as a place to post dumb/insane questions about ASFR minutia and get feedback on my artwork.

If it's discussion you're looking for, we could always get into an argument over whether or not a toaster with a smiley face and pigtails counts as a fembot (because it totally does).

Also, what's FL?

Erntoron

Post by Erntoron » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:39 am

Even before FL the board felt rather empty and made discussions painfully slow, but that's just part of how message boards are built up.

I hardly post here because these long silences are just extremely discouraging, especially for content creators and discord is just a much better platform to socialize. Imagine doing an RP here, it would take ages to finish!

FembotCentral won't die, but it has always been a quiet place.

RoxxyRobofox

Post by RoxxyRobofox » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:39 pm

Also, what's FL?
FL is Fembot Labs. It's a Discord server that exists to argue about whether a toaster with a smiley face and pig tails counts as a fembot (it does not.)

https://discord.gg/k7ag2qQt

This link should be good for seven days. There's never been a Real ID requirement to join or anything. It's very easy to use Discord. Feel free to say hello!

zerodin

Post by zerodin » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:26 pm

Its definitely gotten quieter. I don't even know how to use Discord, so I'll probably just linger here.

Omega
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation

Post by Omega » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:50 pm

Yeah, I kinda remembered recently my login to this site. I made it a while back. I've been making some manips recently and while they're trash, I think I'm gonna continue doing it and I might post some here.

-O
huh

dieur

Post by dieur » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:51 am

Not dead, just quiet.

Truth be told, there isn’t a lot new that happens on a day to day basis!