RIP Nancy Bleier

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
Baron

RIP Nancy Bleier

Post by Baron » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:42 pm

I apologise if this is old news, or was posted elsewhere earlier, but I just stumbled across it a few minutes ago myself:

Nancy Bleier Obituary Page

I know 1977 was a LONG time ago, but damnit, Fembots aren't supposed to die!!!! :brokenheart:

However, I do have to admit that I would have smiled, had I read her COD to have been "hit by car," or "fall from a forty-story building!" :devil:

I guess Frost was right after all - "nothing gold can stay........."

Rest in peace, Sweetheart - you'll be missed terribly.
Assemble the ladies? I didn't know that they were broken......

rickdrat

Re: RIP Nancy Bleier

Post by rickdrat » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:32 pm

:cry:

Melinda O' Fee (Tammy Cross) also passed earlier this year.

Corey Fantoccini

Post by Corey Fantoccini » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:40 am

Awful news. I remember she did a couple of segments for Mike Nesmith's comedy projects like "TELEVISION PARTS," and Bruce Kimmel singled her out too as a great performer in THE FIRST NUDIE MUSICAL. Doubly sad that her passing wasn't documented in the entertainment press. Would have loved to meet her.

Baron

Post by Baron » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:57 pm

Corey Fantoccini wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:40 am Awful news. I remember she did a couple of segments for Mike Nesmith's comedy projects like "TELEVISION PARTS," and Bruce Kimmel singled her out too as a great performer in THE FIRST NUDIE MUSICAL. Doubly sad that her passing wasn't documented in the entertainment press. Would have loved to meet her.

I came close, Corey.
The quest for an interview with Our Miss Nancy that I launched way back in '02 eventually turned into a decade-long game of ''e-mail tag" between Yours Humbly and various of Nancy's family, friends, and colleagues - with Nancy herself always elusive. I took great pains to avoid coming across as a stalker, but it didn't matter in the end. Nance remained just out of reach, but I did acquire a couple new friends from all the e-mails that went out over the years!

Once 2012 rolled around, I was pretty much resigned to the fact that a chat with Nancy wasn't in the cards. That summer, I logged onto Facebook, and did a people-search of Nancy, just for shits and giggles. Stone me if my Dearest Gina didn't turn up as the third result; the first one was her cousin "the other Nancy Bleier" we met at the very beginning of my quest, and the second was a black college girl......

I lost no time in shooting her a friend request, along with a private message to explain why a total stranger was invading her privacy. Since I felt that this was my "all in" moment, I included the screenshot of her as Gina that was my original avatar here, gave her a brief recap of the quest, and left it in her hands. It took all of 36 hours before I was stunned to see a "Request Accepted" notification, along with a personal message from the Lady Herself in my FB inbox!

Nancy said I made her day with the shot of her as Gina - "And I could still rock that dress and those boots to this day!" Her proof was a current selfie - save for much longer {and a little greyer} hair, Nancy 2012 did indeed look like Nancy 1977's twin. LSS, I developed a fairly warm acquaintance with my Dearest Gina over the next few years. Although the interview that started this whole story was now within my grasp, I never did get around to it, although I did eventually turn her on to this place, and our community, which she got a big kick out of. I guess getting to know her as a person a little bit trumped the sci-fi geekery, not that I have any regrets.

For the record, Nancy's take on her turn as Gina was much like her friend Janice Whitby's take about playing Katy - "a different kind of role, and an interesting test of my acting skills." While Nancy did admit to being a bit of a sci-fi "nerd" {her exact term}, she never did too much more than attend a couple conventions in the early '80's.

Likewise, she was also HILAROUSLY "millitant," whenever the conversation got into "da bizness;" in her own words, Nancy NEVER "played the Game," be it the casting couch, or playing an all-out ballbreaker role {"I'm the most girly - girl feminist you'll ever meet" }, or any of the other 57 varieties of Hollywood BS you could name.

This partially accounts for her drift away from the Dream Factory, but she really didn't miss it all that much. I last heard from Nancy in early 2019 - my Favorite Fembot wished me a happy birthday - but I was more than content with our acquaintance, Interview notwithstanding. Nancy seemed to feel the same way - she still occasionally giggled about how I "stalked her whole damn Family" before we finally met, that sort of thing.

Needless to say, my Dearest Nancy will be sorely missed, indeed.......

Assemble the ladies? I didn't know that they were broken......

Corey Fantoccini

Post by Corey Fantoccini » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:26 pm

That's a wonderful story, thank you for sharing that! My IRL activities have allowed me to make contact with several unheralded actresses of the '70s, and I always love hearing their stories. Glad to know she was aware she had a following.