Telling a partner about this fetish

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
inky 2
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Android

Telling a partner about this fetish

Post by inky 2 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:50 am

I felt I needed an outlet for this frustrating situation I put myself in. I dated a woman for 2 years we were married another 5 before we called it quits. Now I have no shame about this fetish but grew up in a community where sex just really wasn’t talked about let alone anything beyond just “regular” sex. I mentioned about a year into dating my robot fetish ... she laughed a bit I took it as she was dismissive and silly so I let it go and never mentioned it just being content with this site and the wiki. Well cut to our divorce we are still friends and we have been taking over how everything ended and what we learned about ourselves. Well she mentioned she had kinks that she was worried I would take issue with, well I decided to just say screw it and mention robot fetish again, and dammit it she finds it interesting and wants to know more. I couldn’t believe my shit luck that I was too scared I guess to try to bring it up again while I was with her, I hang my head in shame. Anyway that’s my stupid luck and little story to share. I’m sure most people are more confident than I am, but If you find yourself too timid to bring this up to a partner you really don’t know what you could miss out on.

blond111

Re: Telling a partner about this fetish

Post by blond111 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:20 pm

Every woman I've been involved with adhered to my fantasy but found it too weird. It's extremely difficult to find that diamond in the rough who is obsessive or more than you are about this fetish. Those types are few and far between, I haven't been satisfied in years.

--NightBattery--

Post by --NightBattery-- » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:45 pm

I have never been in a long term relationship. But a friend of mine was very obsessed with me out of me not paying to much attention to her. I am not extremely attractive but seemingly something made her feel some kind of halo effect towards me. I think if I had gone a step further with her she would have enjoyed playing being a robot for me.
If I have a partner I would be pleased with simple stuff regarding acting robotically.
Wouldn't need to be something highly elaborated. Just some doing the robot would be nice enough for me.
I like to think that people on healthy relationships can get comfortable with that kind of small play that can turn into big play later on.
But what would I know.

33cl33
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human

Post by 33cl33 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:19 am

I've told three partners - including my spouse. No regrets! One of them even wrote me a great little asfr story about the two of us. She was probably way more into role playing along with it than I ever bothered exploring.
SynthSuite audio clips, etc: https://linktr.ee/synthsuite

Linnies
Identification: Cyborg

Post by Linnies » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:00 am

I haven't told my partner of 8 years about it. But I don't actively try to hide it either. We both aren't into roleplay that much because it reminds us of work. I always felt that we both knew we had "weird" kinks but that was just something inconsequential in our relationship.

Though maybe that's all just exsucses I came up with, because deep down I am worried about what he might actually think of it all...

OH well.

dieur

Post by dieur » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:27 pm

I shared one of my stories with my spouse, but while she wasn't repulsed, she didn't really get it. Alas!

smalk
Identification: Human

Post by smalk » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:49 pm

I was really afraid when I told my SO. But I was lucky: she's really kind and agreed to indulge in sex roleplay from time to time, after establishing clear boundaries.

Alex Bluefall
Technosexuality: Built and Transformation
Identification: Android

Post by Alex Bluefall » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:16 pm

I shared this with my girlfriend around the time we decided to become a couple.

We ended up discussing both our kinks, and we now roleplay fairly regularly. It's not always fembot stuff, but when it is, she's a good sport about it and plays along.

(She's also a sub and into BDSM so that's a big plus ^~^)