Favourite Quirks

General chat about fembots, technosexual culture or any other ASFR related topics that do not fit into the other categories below.
Aaack
Technosexuality: None of your business
Identification: Human

Re: Favourite Quirks

Post by Aaack » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:22 am

Hi everyone, I’m pretty new here, I’ve opened an account long ago but life happened and just now I had the opportunity to enjoy the content here, so excuse me in advance if my reply does not conform to the proper etiquette of this forum, I’m still learning.

On to the topic, may be my favourite quirk is a bit more abstract than an obvious signal of the artificiality of the bot, it’s about maintenance. Every shiny new device will work under its specification (hopefully!) at first, in the user manuals and all around the hundreds of health hazard warnings you also get instructions on how to maintain your unit, whatever device it is.

Now think about a bot, you get electronics to keep cool, servos and gear boxes to keep lubricated, possibly hydraulics for the biggest joints, electrical lines, flex ribbons, fluid lines, camera lenses, speakers, sensors, etc, all that is extraordinarily complicated and expensive as it has properly described in the stories around but what about the every day user maintenance? And specifically what happens after one or two years of regular use without it?, sensors failing, strange noises and functions that have to be shut down.

I guess my point is to showcase that regardless how much computational power a bot could have or how many times stronger than a human it could be, without care they will malfunction and eventually shutdown, that duality between strength and fragility is my favourite quirk and it’s inherent to a bot’s nature.