New Gallery Update Log

Important news and updates from the Fembot Central staff about the site.
(Only staff can start topics but members can post replies.)
KOS-MOS
Retired staff member

New Gallery Update Log

Post by KOS-MOS » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:06 pm

I'm sorry I can't pin down an exact date as my workload is pretty hefty right now, but I am planning to do some backend upgrades on FC.com sometime between Thursday (the 23rd) and Monday (the 27th) which will result in site downtime. I'll update this thread to let you know when upgrades are complete.
Last edited by KOS-MOS on Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KOS-MOS
Retired staff member

Post by KOS-MOS » Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:51 pm

The forums have been upgraded, but you will notice the link to the gallery is not at the top navigation -- this is not an accident. Please hold your gallery submissions until further notice as I am working on that area of the site now.

KOS-MOS
Retired staff member

Post by KOS-MOS » Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:15 am

A new gallery system has been installed and will be configured over the next few days -- it would be helpful if you lot didn't muck around in there for now. ;) I'm working on it as much as time allows. Cross my metal heart.

The old gallery will be fully archived as to not lose any of our treasures, you can view it here: http://www.fembotcentral.com/gallery.old

KOS-MOS
Retired staff member

Post by KOS-MOS » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:47 am

You should be able to start adding images to the new gallery system, though there still are several tweaks which will be added over the next week. For now Member Galleries are being restored and cannont be viewed, though those of you who had a gallery on the old system may share new images in the "Member Galleries (temp)" album for the time being.

Please report any errors or suggestions you may have on the new gallery system in this thread. Thanks. :)

123bot

Post by 123bot » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:54 pm

About the new gallery, will there be a lightbox option? I've seen that there aren't any and I lost all my favorite on the old one. :cry:

Bart
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Android

Post by Bart » Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:51 pm

The new gallery is nice and the right way to go. But on my Mac (Safari 2.03) it looks totally crumbled and is virtually unusable. Is there going to be fix for that or will I have to use Firefox - or even worse - my Windows machine for using it? :( :D
This post was generated by automated means and is therefore valid without a signature.

KOS-MOS
Retired staff member

Post by KOS-MOS » Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:02 pm

Please post questions, comments and issues with the new gallery system in this thread: click link -- thanks :)

I switched the temporary Gallery theme to something that should not cause any browser issues. If any of you are still having trouble viewing the gallery please let me know in the thread linked to above.

Priority #1 right now is to get flash animated files to work properly in the new system. If it doesn't work out within the next three days I'll have to go back to the drawing board, but the fact remains that this forum type and the old gallery type will not continue to work together. I'm hoping I'm on the right track...

Hopefully I won't have too much trouble getting the new system to display flash animated files, and after that I will be able to work on making it easier for users to navigate + make sense of the new system by making upload protocol easier to understand as well as make it easier to view the most recently added works. From there I will get the Members Galleries back in working order and you will be able to find a link below Members Gallery Owners' posts directly to their albums -- minor, but nice little feature.

What about the "lightbox" feature? I can't make any promises on that feature making a full return but, for those of you who used it and miss it, if you could inform me (in the thread linked to above) about how you were using the lightbox and what you liked best about it I can do my best to give you the functions you desire.

KOS-MOS
Retired staff member

Post by KOS-MOS » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:34 pm

Flash Problem Recognized: It seems the reason flash files have trouble being displayed in the new gallery is because the system does not read the dimensions of the animation, defaulting to 0px by 0px. This explains why you could hear the file but not see it. For now I will manually enter the dimensions on newly uploaded flash animations, but a plugin to take care of it automatically will be added in the future -- hopefully sooner rather than later.

If you are a flash animator and feeling confident you can try adding the dimensions of your files on your own via the instructions below:
  • Upload your file as usual
  • Click through to where your animation is to be displayed
  • Click the Edit link at the bottom of the page
  • Select the "Animation Size" tab
  • Enter the width and height, then click Save!

KOS-MOS
Retired staff member

Post by KOS-MOS » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:01 pm

Upload links should be easily found in each album now, directly below the album's title. Please report any uploading issues in this thread: gallery comments thread. Thanks. :)