Member galleries

Important news and updates from the Fembot Central staff about the site.
(Only staff can start topics but members can post replies.)
Post Reply
User avatar
noidguy
Retired staff member
Posts: 1257
Joined: Fri May 24, 2002 6:32 pm
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Member galleries

Post by noidguy » Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:52 pm

Time for the next round of additions to the Member Galleries. Here's a quick list of those reaching the 35-submission requirement.....

1001011001
araenae
blkwdo
Chen
kb7rky
Kishin

Did I miss anyone?

User avatar
kb7rky
Posts: 1228
Joined: Sun May 26, 2002 11:38 am
Location: Lewiston, Idaho
Contact:

Post by kb7rky » Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:18 am

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Doug

User avatar
Mirage
Posts: 1270
Joined: Sun May 26, 2002 5:43 pm
Technosexuality: None of your business
Identification: Human
Gender: Male
Contact:

Post by Mirage » Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:55 pm

I wonder how I have in the gallery? (L)

Mirage

User avatar
noidguy
Retired staff member
Posts: 1257
Joined: Fri May 24, 2002 6:32 pm
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Post by noidguy » Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:26 pm

Mirage wrote:I wonder how I have in the gallery? (L)

Mirage
Well, this gets kinda touchy. You have plenty of images submitted in the 2D artwork category, but how many of them are your own work? The 35-submission requirement means 35 original works (2d drawings by your own hand, 3d cgi likewise, photo manipulations, animations).

User avatar
Mirage
Posts: 1270
Joined: Sun May 26, 2002 5:43 pm
Technosexuality: None of your business
Identification: Human
Gender: Male
Contact:

Post by Mirage » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:00 pm

3!!!!!!!! 8)

I think (L)
:oops:
(Start drawing soon, I guess!) :D

Mirage

User avatar
tinyspider
Posts: 490
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2002 3:21 pm
Location: Colombia, South America
Contact:

Post by tinyspider » Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:32 pm

:o :oops: :D WOW thanks!

User avatar
blkwdo
Posts: 220
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2002 7:34 pm
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human
Gender: Male
Location: Michigan, USA
x 12
x 3
Contact:

Well.....

Post by blkwdo » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:56 pm

Not to be a stick in the mud...I didn't make the members page yet. :cry:

I've got a few new ones to celebrate...so hop to it Noid! :lol:

Thanks to everyone who supported my efforts. And thank you to all the artists out there for their talent and inspiration.

Blkwdo 8)

User avatar
noidguy
Retired staff member
Posts: 1257
Joined: Fri May 24, 2002 6:32 pm
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Post by noidguy » Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:04 pm

Actually, all the galleries have been created. They just aren't visible yet. I was going to transfer the existing pics into the new galleries one by one, and once I had them all moved I would make them visible. But....there is a much easier way. Easier for me! :)

How about letting the contributor move their own pics into their own gallery? It would save me a lot of time.

User avatar
kb7rky
Posts: 1228
Joined: Sun May 26, 2002 11:38 am
Location: Lewiston, Idaho
Contact:

Post by kb7rky » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:44 pm

If I could find all mine, I would...kinda tough to remember the keywords I used previously.

Doug

User avatar
blkwdo
Posts: 220
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2002 7:34 pm
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human
Gender: Male
Location: Michigan, USA
x 12
x 3
Contact:

Okey Dokey

Post by blkwdo » Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:05 pm

Alrighty then, I'll give you a hand. Gimme the low down on what needs to be done.

Thanks for supporting all us deviants, admins! 8)

Blkwdo

User avatar
noidguy
Retired staff member
Posts: 1257
Joined: Fri May 24, 2002 6:32 pm
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Post by noidguy » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:49 pm

For those getting their own gallery, here is what you can do to speed the process along.

Contact an admin and let them know you are willing to transfer your own images into the new gallery. They will change the permissions to allow you to do this. (I have already set up the permissions for blkwdo, and will do the same for kb7rky if he'd like).

Go to the gallery main page and click on the Advanced Search link in the upper right corner. Enter your username in "search by username". Choose a category from the drop-down list (Only the following 4 categories qualify: Animated, 3D CG, Photo Manipulations, 2D Artwork).

Go through these categories to see how many images you have submitted.

To transfer images from the above 4 categories into your member gallery you will have to click on each image found in the searches, then click "edit". In the edit window you will have to scroll down to the bottom where you choose the category in which to place the image. Make the appropriate change to the placement. This is the only thing you should edit. Then save changes. Continue on to the next image, editing the same way.

When all images have been transferred contact an admin again and they will change the permissions in the member gallery to allow all registered users to view them.

(If there are problems, please let me know. I'm not sure I have the permissions set properly.)

lucas
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat May 25, 2002 11:01 pm
Contact:

Post by lucas » Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:55 pm

noidguy wrote:For those getting their own gallery, here is what you can do to speed the process along.

Contact an admin and let them know you are willing to transfer your own images into the new gallery. They will change the permissions to allow you to do this. (I have already set up the permissions for blkwdo, and will do the same for kb7rky if he'd like).

Go to the gallery main page and click on the Advanced Search link in the upper right corner. Enter your username in "search by username". Choose a category from the drop-down list (Only the following 4 categories qualify: Animated, 3D CG, Photo Manipulations, 2D Artwork).

Go through these categories to see how many images you have submitted.

To transfer images from the above 4 categories into your member gallery you will have to click on each image found in the searches, then click "edit". In the edit window you will have to scroll down to the bottom where you choose the category in which to place the image. Make the appropriate change to the placement. This is the only thing you should edit. Then save changes. Continue on to the next image, editing the same way.

When all images have been transferred contact an admin again and they will change the permissions in the member gallery to allow all registered users to view them.

(If there are problems, please let me know. I'm not sure I have the permissions set properly.)
noid for me have my gallery how much pictures i nedd for has my pic in the new gallery

User avatar
33cl33
Posts: 857
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2002 9:59 pm
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human
Gender: Male
Location: Portland, OR
x 109
x 43
Contact:

Post by 33cl33 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:26 pm

noidguy wrote:The 35-submission requirement means 35 original works (2d drawings by your own hand, 3d cgi likewise, photo manipulations, animations).
Just thought I'd toss the answer in from 'noid's earlier post... It's 35, lucas.

User avatar
tinyspider
Posts: 490
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2002 3:21 pm
Location: Colombia, South America
Contact:

Post by tinyspider » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:57 pm

I would help with my files, but I, uh can't see 'my' folder... :roll:

User avatar
noidguy
Retired staff member
Posts: 1257
Joined: Fri May 24, 2002 6:32 pm
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Post by noidguy » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:01 pm

Should work now, araenae.

And yeah, 35 is the magic number.

araenae wrote:I would help with my files, but I, uh can't see 'my' folder... :roll:

User avatar
kb7rky
Posts: 1228
Joined: Sun May 26, 2002 11:38 am
Location: Lewiston, Idaho
Contact:

Post by kb7rky » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:02 pm

As I said, Noid, I would, but it's kinda tough to find all the pix I have submitted, let alone remember what they are...

Getting old sucks

Doug

User avatar
noidguy
Retired staff member
Posts: 1257
Joined: Fri May 24, 2002 6:32 pm
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Post by noidguy » Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:51 am

Well, this may all be a wasted effort anyway. It's possible that only administrators have the ability to move images from one category to another. We'll get it done somehow.

User avatar
noidguy
Retired staff member
Posts: 1257
Joined: Fri May 24, 2002 6:32 pm
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Post by noidguy » Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:34 am

The following member galleries should be working now:

araenae
blkwdo
kb7rky

All 3 of you can upload new images directly to your member gallery.

The galleries for Chen and Kishin will be next.

User avatar
kb7rky
Posts: 1228
Joined: Sun May 26, 2002 11:38 am
Location: Lewiston, Idaho
Contact:

Post by kb7rky » Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:49 am

/me bows down to the almighty Noidguy..."salami, salami, bologna..."

Doug

User avatar
blkwdo
Posts: 220
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2002 7:34 pm
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human
Gender: Male
Location: Michigan, USA
x 12
x 3
Contact:

uploaded

Post by blkwdo » Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:10 am

Thanks Noid. I was able to upload two manips into my gallery. Did you say that you have to allow others to see it, or is it visible now?

Thanks again,

Blkwdo 8)

User avatar
noidguy
Retired staff member
Posts: 1257
Joined: Fri May 24, 2002 6:32 pm
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: uploaded

Post by noidguy » Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:35 pm

'tis visible
blkwdo wrote:Thanks Noid. I was able to upload two manips into my gallery. Did you say that you have to allow others to see it, or is it visible now?

Thanks again,

Blkwdo 8)

--NightBattery--

Re: Member galleries

Post by --NightBattery-- » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:31 am

☝question.


[quote="noidguy"]Time for the next round of additions to the Member Galleries. Here's a quick list of those reaching the 35-submission requirement.....

1001011001
araenae
blkwdo
Chen
kb7rky
Kishin

Did I miss anyone?[/quote]

ごめんなさい but how much time do i have to complete this 35 submission requirement?.♨

--NightBattery--

Re: Member galleries

Post by --NightBattery-- » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:34 am

oh ._.
...
....
new guy.

User avatar
DukeNukem 2417
Posts: 1162
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:26 am
Technosexuality: Built
Identification: Human
Gender: Male
Location: somwhere on Planet Earth
x 1
Contact:

Re: Member galleries

Post by DukeNukem 2417 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:49 pm

[quote="Robotman"]The old Fembot Central gallery is no longer active. As you can see, this thread is almost six years old.

FembotWiki is the place to post pics now. ;)[/quote]

I was thinking....maybe someone should make an attempt to recover the content from the old member galleries and post them to the Wiki...

Post Reply
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests